Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wade 992a cam

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
what is the car/engine combo?

125psi is low for a VN buick. a good engine will get 175psi. my VN done a best of 6.8s 0-60mph on the Gtech with absolute **** tyres on the back. check my ride for mods done.

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl turbo/ vn supercharged
what is the car/engine combo?

125psi is low for a VN buick. a good engine will get 175psi. my VN done a best of 6.8s 0-60mph on the Gtech with absolute **** tyres on the back. check my ride for mods done.
well the manual says a minimum of 690kpa which is 100psi, and mine gets 125 which is 861kpa, at 175 psi its 1206kpa. and my mechanics manual also says 125 when in good cond. please correct me if my maths is out. i just used the conversion table in the manual, and the chart on my mechanics wall to double check. i havent been able to find any info that states more than that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
when i bought my car, all the cylinders showed 170-175psi with only one being lower. 168 or 169psi from memory.

gregories list 689kpa as the minimum cylinder compression. unfortunatly it doesn't list what is the nominal pressure shoulb be. but certainly i'd be woried if it was near the minimum reading

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl turbo/ vn supercharged
when i bought my car, all the cylinders showed 170-175psi with only one being lower. 168 or 169psi from memory.

gregories list 689kpa as the minimum cylinder compression. unfortunatly it doesn't list what is the nominal pressure shoulb be. but certainly i'd be woried if it was near the minimum reading

yeh its annoying how these useless books tell us wot we dont really need to know. but since urs got the higher reading, i'll go comp test sum others as well.