Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wade 992a cam

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl turbo/ vn supercharged
just wondering if any people using the wade 992a cam could tell me their positives and negatives about its characteristics? cheers.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i'm using one, but in combination with other mods. check my ride thread. good power, lacking down low but that could be the headers a bit too.

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
i'm using one, but in combination with other mods. check my ride thread. good power, lacking down low but that could be the headers a bit too.

thanx 4 ur reply, will check ur thread. u think ur headers cause the low down prob? how does that work i allways thought itd make it better. i have them 2 and have the same prob in 2nd gear thru to 100kmh. i just thought it was something else.

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride

checked ur thread, nice vn mate. how does urs go for time 0-100kmh? ive got headers, 2.5 exhaust,KnN filter, cai, 2500 stall, corvette servo, chip[not foamies, asked him, didnt get reply?] changed and checked everything possible but only does 103rwhp and 8.6 to 100kmh?? crap aye! wonder if its the headers lik u said? i wanted the 992a to go with the stall, can u tell me at wot rpms it comes on in urs? even tho u dont have a stall, the info will b helpfull. cheers.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
checked ur thread, nice vn mate. how does urs go for time 0-100kmh? ive got headers, 2.5 exhaust,KnN filter, cai, 2500 stall, corvette servo, chip[not foamies, asked him, didnt get reply?] changed and checked everything possible but only does 103rwhp and 8.6 to 100kmh?? crap aye! wonder if its the headers lik u said? i wanted the 992a to go with the stall, can u tell me at wot rpms it comes on in urs? even tho u dont have a stall, the info will b helpfull. cheers.

Foam is a busy person, he is also on ebay, 103rwhp sure thats right or is it rwkw, dout it would be the headers but with extractors it gives better top end and you loose abit down low, also from it being a slug off the line could also be the way the cam is dialed in aswell, wade 992a cam will be a good chose its the highest wade cam you can get custom grind for around $220ish, might aswell do head work aswell like powerslave has its also a VP. get the cam and write down everything the car has had done to it and then get foam to do you a tune for it, also another way getting to 100kph is ditching some weight is that 8.6 on the gtech or something? or just counted off the head unit :)

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam is a busy person, he is also on ebay, 103rwhp sure thats right or is it rwkw, dout it would be the headers but with extractors it gives better top end and you loose abit down low, also from it being a slug off the line could also be the way the cam is dialed in aswell, wade 992a cam will be a good chose its the highest wade cam you can get custom grind for around $220ish, might aswell do head work aswell like powerslave has its also a VP. get the cam and write down everything the car has had done to it and then get foam to do you a tune for it, also another way getting to 100kph is ditching some weight is that 8.6 on the gtech or something? or just counted off the head unit :)

its 103 rwhp, and yes i use the gtech pro rr weve done many runs with both cars. my mates vn canes mine not only on the gtech but it has a much more powerfull feel, especially in 2nd gear pull. his only has 2.5 exhaust, lsd, shift kit. and is as thrashed as can possibally be, and gets 7.1 sec to 100. ive had him drive mine and he said it woz definately underpowered compared to his. ive also driven his and i felt the same as him. im going to put the stock stall back in and see how it feels? that prob will b a waste of time, but ive run out of things to check. will go the 992a, but would like to find this lost pwr before camming.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i would start with a good service, get everything up to tip top shape, i just got my gtech today and did a couple runs, not launching it just rolled off line then nailed it, got a 6.05 0-60mph vn v6 charged 4.8psi will try it again today, with better tired on the rear wanna go sub 6

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
check your compression if you can, could be worn rings
motor only done 74000ks since gm built it, and i allready did compression test and got 125psi, bout 860 ish kpa. i really hav done, checked and replaced everything. im out of stuff to try?