Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagon seats - Replacing/swapping

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Hey,

I got my VR executive wagon a week ago and i got it cheap but its got a couple of problems with all the passenger seats, the driver seat is fine.

I want to replace all of the passenger seats (or all seats if necessary), but for afew dollars more i was considering replacing all the seats with later model seats. Can i use seats from a later model commodore in a VR wagon? and do they have to be specifically wagon back seats or can i use sedan back seat/s?

Also i'd like to know if later model commodore seats just bolt in or do i need an attatchment kit of some sort to fit them to an older commodore?

Many thanks,

Crunkz0r

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
vs im pretty sure you could go bolt in, vt front seats i think can be fitted with swapping the rails over and a bit of drilling or something, but dont quote me on that.

rear seats, vn-vs would fit bolt in. youd have to do alot of work to fit a sedan rear seat in and to fit later model seats in.

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Cheers, i'd probably go with the standard vr or vs seats then because i dont wanna break or deform my seats or anything lol. :unsure:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, easier, try and find some nice eather seats or something from a upspec vr/vs, at least for the front, although theres a dude i know with a vs wagon, scored pretty much whole stato interior and hes going to attempt to make the rear leather seat fit.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I fitted a complete SV5000 leather interior into my VS11 wagon but the back rest of the back seat had to be recovered to match the rest as the sedan back rest is completally different in shape and height.
Also VS's Acclaims and Berlinas have a split rear seat which would reqire you having the centre bracket welded in to your floor.

Attachments

• CW=2.jpg
    CW=2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 517
  • CW=9.jpg
    CW=9.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 837
  • CW=8.jpg
    CW=8.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,093

Crunkz0r

Wagon driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec Wagon v6 auto
Thanks guys, do you know if vs berlina seats just bolt on in the front? i'll go with the standard executive seats if i have to, i don't really plan on replacing the whole interior eh :embarrass

p.s. Nice job on the SV5000 leather interior! I bet it's as comfy as it looks... :D

Last edited: