Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagon/sedan springs

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
What is the difference?

I grabbed some wagon rear SSSL springs dirt cheap but I have a sedan, if I install them (do they even fit?) what would the difference be? Won't be as low as sedan springs and a bit stiffer ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
The springs are the same.

Probably have a slightly higher ride height. All depends on what the part numbers are. They could be V6 or V8, sedan/wagon or ute springs just fitted into a wagon.

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The springs are the same.

Probably have a slightly higher ride height. All depends on what the part numbers are. They could be V6 or V8, sedan/wagon or ute springs just fitted into a wagon.

byde6ume.jpg

I probably should of googles the part numbers first.. Ah well gives this forum some life lol

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Recently I checked with GSL to confirm that with its extra weight and cargo capacity, Sportwagon suspensions aren't the same as VE sedans.
In Omega, Berlina, Calais and Calais V models, the front suspension matches the equivalent VE sedans, except for a 1mm increase (to 24mm) in the diameter of the anti-roll bar.
In SV6, SS and SS V, there's a 23% increase in front spring stiffness. There are greater changes at the rear, with stiffer springs for all models, and a 4mm reduction (to 12mm) in anti-roll bar diameter. And while the Sportwagon has the same compact, multi-link rear suspension layout as the sedan, each side has three cross-axis ball joints instead of two, to optimise toe-link stiffness.

Last edited:

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
So at the end of the day it still fits, just stiffer then it's sedan cousin spring which in turn won't sit as low in the sedan?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes, I think King springs class Sportwagons as HD and have that somewhere in the part code for rears at least, suggest you email GSL (sponsor) because the main thing is to match the shocks to the lowered stiffer HD springs mate. Otherwise more than just ridiculous ride, is dangerous.
Ask them to price a set of KYB to suit - just hundreds - amazing value.

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Might just sell it and get the right springs haha, ill have a chat to GSL, thanks mate

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just checked and it seems the person who had these on a wagon made the same mistake thinking sedans and wagon spec was same, but luck would have it yours are KHRL-152SSSL which are the right Ultra Lows for your sedan!
You must fit shortened shocks with shortened bump stops though.

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks guys, lucky you posted that cause I was talking to a dude today about buying his springs, he sent me a photo and it was the exact same part number!