Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagon Subbies

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Just wondering what people with wagons and subwoofers in boxes in the boot have done to hide the fact that they have a decent audio system in the car. Aside from removing the boxes if ur parkin somewhere dodge or getting a cargo roll maty thing (ie in berlina wagons or in the vys, can you get em for VSs?) anyone thought of any other ideas? How effectives tinting?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i dont think tinting would help much cos you will still be able to see in the back even if you get the darkest legal tint.

the cargo roll would be an idea. a mate of mine has one in his wagon and it works fairly well.

another idea, bolt em down as best as you can.

V

VPower

tis a bit of a risky place to be bolting down (near fuel tank)
but if you know that you won't hit it, you'll be fine.

i know this isn't much, but throw a towel over the sub-enclosure, it will just appear to be a box or something else but not really subs.

suggestion:
you could run a chain between the back of the sub-enclosure and something solid like the metal legs of the back seat perhaps

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Dark tint combined with a cargo roll thing. Then the usual, don't have it cranked when your going to park it at a shopping fair etc. I always turn mine off when entering an area where theres a risk.

Dark tint won't stop them but it'd make it alot harder to do it inconspicuously.

S

sdcarter2233

well i have a VL wagon. i just put 2x 12inch subs in the boot and i was facing the same problem. i took a trip to pick and payless blacktown and picked up one of those mitsibishi wagon covers. they are like blinds that pull over the back and cover stuff up. they are too wide for holdens but just whip out the the trusty file and hacksaw and a bit of black paint. Because its black and my windows are tinted, its almost imposible to see in. i dont know but you could make a vinyl cover that uses clips or some thing aswell.
hope that helps a bit

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
It's amazing what a piece of carpet can do aswell;)