Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wagon tail light swap

trav-p

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina sportswagon
Hey guys

I have a ve wagon and noticed the other day that the vf wagon tail lights are slightly tinted, is it possible to switch the tail lights?Are they the same?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
I've noticed that series 2 lights on the wagon are tinted, probably the same light as the VF...
(nb: from all I've read, omega sportwagon tail lights are the same as all sportwagon tail lights, including hsv clubsport tourer ie compare your lights to this JC members tail lights and they may look identical: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/222981-my-2009-hsv-clubsport-r8-tourer-3.html#post2736362)

maybe check out some local wreckers for omega sportwagon series 2 rear lights?

VE series 2 equip:
Y2YJWW-Resized640x480.jpg

VF evoke:
QZ6J59-Resized640x480.jpg

Last edited:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Whatever you add or replace will have to comply with ALL ADR's (Australian Design Rules) that existed at the time of manufacture of YOUR vehicle. Otherwise, good luck.

The Australian Design Rules (ADRs) are national standards for vehicle safety, anti-theft and emissions. The ADRs are generally performance based and cover issues such as occupant protection, structures, lighting, noise, engine exhaust emissions, braking and a range of miscellaneous items.

The current standards, the Third Edition ADRs, are administered by the Australian Government under the Motor Vehicle Standards Act 1989. The Act requires all road vehicles, whether they are newly manufactured in Australia or are imported as new or second hand vehicles, to comply with the relevant ADRs at the time of manufacture and supply to the Australian market. When a road vehicle is first used on Australian roads the relevant state or territory government's legislation generally requires that it continue to comply with the relevant ADRs as at the time of manufacture.

Australian Design Rules

trav-p

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina sportswagon
Yeah, those are the tinted ones, u was not aware that they came out on the non-hsv ve's, I've often thought about hsv ones but because they came off an hsv people will charge about 700x what they're worth.

Yeah if they came out on other wagons they will be adr approved. And won't attract the cops any where near as much if I was to use some nightshade....

brae123

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 LS1 Caprice
wreckers is the best bet for hsv lights shouldn't be to hard to find some at a decent price if you go to a pick and pull yard and take them out yourself