Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagon Towbars - is there a difference between VP and VS

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Is there a difference between them? We purchased a 'VS Wagon Towbar assembly', and when we tried to fit it we noticed the holes don't line up in the chassis rails. We then noticed that the assembly had VP written on it. Now the wreckers we purchased it from are telling us to drill new holes in the chassis but that doesn't seem right to me. We know you have to drill holes in the boot floor, but drilling holes in the rail seems dodgy...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It should have the application plate attached to the towbar - it should be welded to the bar...this is a legal requirement as some towbars are rated to 1300KG and others to 2300KG. With no application plate attached, the wreckers are leaving themselves wide open if you tow over the capacity of the towbar and it breaks.

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
As far as i know it should fit. I know that when I fitted mine to my VR i had to elongate the holes that were there to get them to line up better. How far out are the holes?