Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagz'z Wagon

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Name: Wez
Model: 1995 VR S2 exec Wagon
Colour: White
Bodykit: Partial Clubsport. Genuine front bumper with fiberglass side skirts
Engine Type: 5Ltr
Engine Mods: K&N Panel Filter, HSV CAI, Foamy Tune
Exhaust: Hi-tech extractors into hi flow cat with 3" single mandrel exhaust
Gearbox: T5 5 Speed Manual
Diff: Standard LSD, 3.08 Gears
Brakes: VX front rotors and calipers , standard rears. Have also fitted the VX booster and master cylinder. EDIT: Now Slotted and drilled rotors on front
Suspension: Front- pedders springs and shocks. Rear- gabriel shocks with raised pedders towing springs. EDIT: Rear spring now King SL
Wheels/Tyres: 16" 5 spoke VR clubsport copy's. EDIT: Now have 17" VX SS rims
Interior: Standard with some improvments in the back(wagon bit) carpeting. EDIT L3 cluster with trip computer now installed and VS Stato cloth seats fitted in front.
Other Mods: CAI, Vt booster and master, towbar, roof racks, cruise control, platinum plugs, Heavy duty Daiken clutch, replaced rear air bag shocks with standard gabliels, nolothane bushes, L3 cluster.
Stereo: Ordinary kenwood cd player and 6" fronts and 6X9 in the back.

Future mods/stuff to do:
Lower the rear end DONE, 17" wheels DONE, re-bushing the rear end DONE, new strut top bearing plates DONE, debadge the rear end just leaving the lion symbol, Level 3 cluster and loom sitting here just waiting to go in DONE, fix clutch pedal return spring, get roof lining fixed(starting to sag), front slotted rototrs and QFM brake pads DONE, New tinting, Clear tail lights DONE. Replace noisy clutch fan with Electric Twin Thermo Fans DONE.

Other: Car goes really well considering the weight of the old dog.
I only just fitted the new(second hand) side skirts yesterday, i used to have some other skirt on it, unsure what they were though. I think they were an SS copy. But i think they look sweet now. Cant wait to lower it in the rear, it will look heaps better.
My best mod would be the VT booster and master, i did the calipers and rotors and the pedal sucked big time and i really dont think the braking improved that dramatically. I was considering going back but i thought i'd fit the vt booster first and what a difference that made. Second best would be the extractors, what a difference they make to the engine and the sound is awsome

Links to a few things i've done:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1993-1997/74570-vt-booster-m-c-vr-v8-abs.html http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...nge-passenger-engine-mount-v8.html#post956840 http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-1997/86706-how-change-rear-shocks-wagon.html

sidefromrearan4.jpg

sidefromfrontss0.jpg

enginebaybn5.jpg

interiorxe5.jpg

frontdriversquarterww0.jpg

Last edited:

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
hey mate nice wagon, just wondering where you got your side skirts from and how much they set you back with out paint. Thanks.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
hey mate nice wagon, just wondering where you got your side skirts from and how much they set you back with out paint. Thanks.

I bought the side skirts off here in the F/S section. They were second hand and painted white already. They have a few marks on them, which i've done my best to touch up, but they match the rest of the car now:p.
I paid $90 for them, and i think it cost me another $40 to fright them by courier. It was the ones i wanted though, and the old ones were a bit plain and wernt a real good fit. Think they were SS repo's for wagon/utes.
rch-13z.....nice nice, didnt realise she was 5l...

Spend $30 and get yourself some clear indicators

Yeah, been thinking about it. Seems to be a common thing though, so i thought id be a little different and leave the factory ones on for the monent, so unless i trip over a set or the clips break ill leave them for the moment

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Looks nice and clean from the pics, will look better with the new springs.
Wagons respond well to bigger sway bars and are really sensitive to rear bar size.
They already run a 26mm on the front so you need either a HSV bar 27 or 28mm depending on model or just go an aftermarket 30mm like I did.
If I had my time again I would fit the adjustable "whiteline" bars front and rear.
I curently run a 30mm Kmac front and 18mm Holden rear.
The rear bars in most sizes can be picked from most wreckers for $10-20.
For mine 18 is the best allround, 19 good for a little rear end oversteer and 20mm an over steerers delight.
Be aware the that the 19 and 20mm rear bars can make the wagon very tailey when on the highway at speed.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Looks nice and clean from the pics, will look better with the new springs.

Wagons respond well to bigger sway bars and are really sensitive to rear bar size.
highway at speed.

Yeah i'd just washed it in the pics. It looks alot better in the pics i recon, they dont show all the little marks n stuff. Interior wise its not real clean, inbetween the dog and carrying tools, dirt and rubbish in the car, its a waste of my time to constantly clean it, so it just gets the odd vacume when im feeling motivated:p

Thanks for the info on the sway bars, its hard to get good info like that, especially on the wagons. I've always wondered what sizes you can get and how they'd ride.
Im gonna do the rear springs and see how that rides, and i might get the verniers on the sway bars and see what sizes i got atm.

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
very nice combo u got there 5 spd 5L wagon very nice:) u need a rear skirt but lol otherwise looking gd

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Std rear bars were 12, 14 and 16mm
The 18 , 19 and 20mm came on police cars and some HSV's.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon