Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wait few months for a ss? or buy a SV6 now?

lokie619

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE
hey was just wondering what you all recommend on doing. ill be on open licence in 3 months and be able to buy a ss. i like the note of a tuned v8 and 'luxury' of the SS but i just want a car now. id just like to know everyones opinion on the differences between the two. I'm not a ridiculous rev head. and do a lot of highway/ country driving as i work away from home in western QLD.
(money isn't a concern)

just like to know what you think of the differences ?
how they run on highway?
worth waiting 3months?
will the V8 lose its appeal after a couple months?

thanks heeps in advance:)

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Difference between what two? You only mentioned an SS.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
Wait... as painful as it may be, you will get over the 6 by the time you could have had the SS.
I had a loan of a mates SS a while ago for 6 months while he lost his licence and the novelty never wore off.

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
Wait it out man!!! Whilst I haven't owned an SV6 I've driven a fair few and I have owned 2 SS's.... Totally different cars and you will
kick yourself if you get the SV6 now.....

Being completely honest.... I was in the exact same boat as you but I had a year to wait.... So I bought the VZ Calais (same power as the sv6 but with all the other goodies) and then bought a VE SSV when I got off my P's.... If the money is there... Do what ever you want, you only live once ;)

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Wait if you can, it will be worth it !!

If you think there is a chance you will regret the SV6 then wait as to change it over later will cost a heap in depreciation.

The smile and satisfaction the V8 gives me every time I drive it far outweighs the small amount extra to run it!!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hey was just wondering what you all recommend on doing. ill be on open licence in 3 months and be able to buy a ss. i like the note of a tuned v8 and 'luxury' of the SS but i just want a car now. id just like to know everyones opinion on the differences between the two. I'm not a ridiculous rev head. and do a lot of highway/ country driving as i work away from home in western QLD.
(money isn't a concern)

just like to know what you think of the differences ?
how they run on highway?
worth waiting 3months?
will the V8 lose its appeal after a couple months?

thanks heeps in advance:)

wait for the v8 mate, and no it doesnt lose its appeal esp once you start modding it!

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Definitely wait. Most SV6 drivers I talk to wish they'd gotten the SS.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Question you should be asking yourself is....do you want a V8 or not...pretty simple, if your happy with a V6 then get a V6...if you REALLY want a V8 then you could wait....or you can do what alot of people do (definitely not advised) and buy it early and drive it anyway.

Unless you can get a note from your work saying that you need to drive it because it's a requirement for you to get to work blah blah blah lol...lots of people do it...not the best idea but I know there's alot of people that shouldn't be driving a V8 that are, I remember seeing a VY Senator a few years ago with red P's on it and just being like :hmmm:

...my 2 cents.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Well I do love my SV6. And it really suits me these days, so I don't particularly wish I'd chosen otherwise. I wouldn't think you'd be disappointed with one. But being a young fella, not needing a car right now and money not being an issue - I too think in 3 months time you'll be glad you waited for the SS. In a year's time I hazard to guess you'll still be glad you waited, and will have forgotten the 3 month wait. Even just cruising along I think there's that something special about a nice V8 that you will love. Actually burbling along a highway in a tuned V8 is a joy, plus it's nice to have that extra poke when you've got something big to overtake.