Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wait few months for a ss? or buy a SV6 now?

JacksHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Clubsport Y series 2
When I was three months out from opens I bought my VY Clubsport. Longest 3 months of my life(only been allowed to drive it since Sunday). But it was the best thing I ever did! If you don't wait, you will regret it. Do what I did and spend the three months saving money on fuel and pouring it all into the car!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
i like the note of a tuned v8 and 'luxury' of the SS but i just want a car now (money isn't a concern)

You answered your own question.

There's 2 things you like about the SS, can you name two things about the SV6 you like over the SS? If not, get the SS.

Cause in 2 years time, you'll pull up at the lights next to a guy in his SS, with that deep V8 rumble... and you'll know for the sack of 3 months, you could have had it.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
3 months isn't long, I'd wait for the SS personally, SV6s are great but nothing beats the growl of a V8.

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
I had an SV6 before the 8. Every single time you see an SS you'll kick yourself for not waiting and getting the six.
Just don't forget to consider fuel expenditure (if you're in the city) and insurance - young people pay through the nose for V8 insurance.

ctravm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I went from a V8 WH Caprice to a V6 WL Caprice and then spent 3 months trying to convince myself it was the right thing to do. After that I gave up and conceded it was a mistake. I am now in an SS and loving it. Without doubt wait. Good things are worth waiting for.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I bought my SSV the very week the VE was launched. Prior to that, I had a VY S.

I regretted not getting the VY SS. Hence why I couldnt wait for the VE to be released.

The novely hasn't worn off. It's the only car (engine) that I've owned which hasn't.

The SV6 is a nice car. But if you are even questioning whether you should get the 8, then there is enough doubt there to realise that you will probably regret it a year later.

If you can wait to the end of this year or early next year, wait for the VF. The 8 could have some new tricks up its sleeve. I know I am waiting for it :)

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
meh....drive a HSV GTS and it won't matter....the SS and SV6 will both feel....slow. hahaha everytime I get to drive one, it makes the SS and SV6's all feel the same afterwards.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I reckon if you going to wait then wait a little longer and get the VF with a DI 5ltr. In saying that though I love my 6 and a stock 8 would be only a bees dick quicker. You'll pay less for your six in purchase price, fuel, insurance and maybe even maintenance. But you also may get less grin factor for your buck.