Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walbro fuel pump install in vt s/c v6 s1

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt s-pack supercharged
Hi lads

I'm having bulk
Trouble installing a 255lph fuel pump in my vt. My new pump is smaller than the original and is too small for the original hanger and looks nothing like the two examples in the walbro instructions some help would be great

Regards
Ben

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got it sorted i bought it from automotive solutions and it came with a foam sleeve to take up the slack in the hanger but farq me she was tight as buggery just need to solder up the new connection and she should be dardy. Do I need to fill the canister up with fuel to prime it before installing?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cool, good result. You can but I prefer not to splash fuel til the sender is in and sealed, better off just having a jerry to put 10-15 litres in after.

Pumba83

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hardest part of the install was getting the new pump into the cradle with the new foam sleeve on it. Once that was done it was just a matter of cutting the old electrical fitting off stripping the ends of new and old wires slipping on 50 mm of heat shrink before twitching and soldering the new and old harness together (black to black , red to grey) ensuring correct polarity slip the heat shrink over the soldered connection and apply heat to shrink. Remove old fuel line connection to to of the pump slip fuel line onto new pump and fix in position using hose clamp supplied in the kit then viola your ready to reinstall into your tank. Just make sure the pump ends up in the same location as it was before you removed it.

Always seems like a nightmare job when doing something for the first time.