Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walbro fuel pump

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Got a walbro unit in the mail yesterday. Its a gss423. Should it have come in a walbro box? I'm a little bit worried i might have a chinese copy. I did get it off ebay but seemed from a reputable seller, but now i'm unsure after reading many posts on this website and others about fake units on the market.:hmmm:

Is there anyway people know of how to tell them apart? aparently the copies are virtually identical to the real item?

Also with connecting these pumps do people just use the blue crimps provided in the kit and just crimp them to the wires off the original plug inside the tank? Is there a safer way to wire them up? I dont like the idea of having crimps alone holding together wiring inside my fuel tank! I'd much rather hard wire it in more perminently and suecurely!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mine came in a Bosch box, but it was from a reputable seller, with 100% feedback and over 5000 sales. It was stamped Walbro, whereas fakes are usually blank. Feels like quality. Apparently they buy in bulk, so they're not boxed.

Use a proper krimper, and the joins will be fine, plenty of people have done it that way. I haven't fitted mine yet, but I plan on just krimping.

grnvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 5spd 9c1
Yeah the seller I got it off was 100% feedback and about the same numbero of sales (all up not just walbro pumps). It has some of the signs of being original such as the stamp, a light oil coating, but it i'm not sure about the "shinyness" of original pumps. Mine is shiny but is still somewhat a standed surface, its not a mirror smooth surface. Also mine has the walbro stamp, part number and another number stamped but no PAT number.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Same, plus I'd seen recommendations on here, Calais Turbo and Street Commodores for the seller I went with. I'm not sure a $110 pump is going to get a polished exterior. Honestly, the only way you'll know for sure, like myself, is 6 months from now when it's still feeding the 300hp beast without issue.

shaun001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubby
When i fit walbro pumps i pick apart the factory plug crimp and solder the wires then re assemble the plug this way i know i wont have any issues

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
There was a run of fakes going around a while ago. Came in bosch boxes and everything. Smaller pump inside the casing.