Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw & Di Filippo

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
I had a good chat with SQP today - received some good advice and will be booking in for the DFP headers/sqp cat/manta catback which John recommended.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
not sure about actives and I don't bother people on the phone but I have used sqp for multiple vehicles over the years and I drive about 200km from bunbury to sqp because they are the best imo.
if your concern is saving a few bucks and going for the cheapest then go to actives I guess but I will stand by sqp for quality and service.

If you don't bother people on the phone how do you go about driving 200km on the off chance they may or may not fit you in to do said work to your car?
John refused to turn off my afm without doing a full tune,actives said it would be no problem,i base a lot about first contact with someone who will be working on my car.
If you had read my post properly you would know money wasn't the deciding factor.
Just trying to get a question answered about actives,feel like you got offended somehow.
Im new to commodores and asking a lot of questions because I don't know the answers not because im trying to get people offended/upset.
My wagon will be getting tuned soon enough and id love to know good and bad about actives and street quick.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
If you don't bother people on the phone how do you go about driving 200km on the off chance they may or may not fit you in to do said work to your car?
John refused to turn off my afm without doing a full tune,actives said it would be no problem,i base a lot about first contact with someone who will be working on my car.
If you had read my post properly you would know money wasn't the deciding factor.
Just trying to get a question answered about actives,feel like you got offended somehow.
Im new to commodores and asking a lot of questions because I don't know the answers not because im trying to get people offended/upset.
My wagon will be getting tuned soon enough and id love to know good and bad about actives and street quick.

What i mean by not bothering them on the phone is not asking a pile of questions over the phone.
I know what sqp can do and i know what i want so i would just book the vehicle in over the phone.

I read your first post mate and money and a phone impression was it so what was there to "read properly"?

As for being offended...
I am not offended at all you can choose who you like to work on your vehicle because it makes no difference to me but i will say that you your self seem offended that the guys at sqp didnt want to just turn off afm.
They have their reasons whether it be financial, mechanical or time not to want to do it as it is their business so dont get upset with me because i recommend them based on my experience with them.

You said you wanted to know the good and bad about sqp and actives but it seems you have made your mind up already so just go with actives.

VFSSVfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi,
I also can highly recommend Josh at LSX Powertrain,385 Sevenoaks st. Beckenham as he has tuned my 2 vf ssv's and they both run perfectly with great acceleration.
Also, his aftersales service is great.I hope you are happy with whoever you choose.

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
Thanks VFSSVFan - I'll check them out

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
What i mean by not bothering them on the phone is not asking a pile of questions over the phone.
I know what sqp can do and i know what i want so i would just book the vehicle in over the phone.

I read your first post mate and money and a phone impression was it so what was there to "read properly"?

As for being offended...
I am not offended at all you can choose who you like to work on your vehicle because it makes no difference to me but i will say that you your self seem offended that the guys at sqp didnt want to just turn off afm.
They have their reasons whether it be financial, mechanical or time not to want to do it as it is their business so dont get upset with me because i recommend them based on my experience with them.

You said you wanted to know the good and bad about sqp and actives but it seems you have made your mind up already so just go with actives.

Thanks for the advice:D:rolleyes:

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Hi,
I also can highly recommend Josh at LSX Powertrain,385 Sevenoaks st. Beckenham as he has tuned my 2 vf ssv's and they both run perfectly with great acceleration.
Also, his aftersales service is great.I hope you are happy with whoever you choose.

Thanks for posting this recommendation,i had a quick look at their reviews and ive decided give these guys the job to tune mine when the time comes. cheers

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Ive heard plenty of good about all three. SQP have a wealth of online knowledge and shops use their bespoke parts all around the country.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Justin at BYE Performance is the guy I go to. Always helpful, and his tune on my Redline was great. Taking my Calais to him soon. SQP was helpful too but Justin was more helpful even when I informed I was sourcing my own exhaust, and just wanted a tune and OTR.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
This is great news! Has anyone fitted a Manta or DP catback to thier VF2 SS? Keen to know how they sound. Not willing at this stage to retune, void warranty etc etc so catback is appealing.

Last edited: