Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw E2 extracts 480kW and 802Nm

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
New supercharger kit for HSV’s LS3 V8 available now for almost $50,000

15 February 2010
By MARTON PETTENDY
WALKINSHAW Performance has released an ‘E2 Supercar’ kit for HSV owners desiring “that little bit extra” from their vehicles, headlined by a black-finished WP190 supercharger that extracts no less than 480kW of power and 802Nm of torque from GM’s 6.2-litre Chevrolet LS3 V8.

Priced at an equally surprising $49,920 and offered with a full no-cost drivetrain warranty for vehicles still under HSV’s new-car warranty, the E2 package also comprises WP’s new carbon-fibre fender vents, bonnet scoop, mirrors and hood header, a WP three-inch bi-modal exhaust system, WP lowered suspension kit, unique new WP 20-inch alloy wheels, unique WP engine covers, mats and head restraints and a WP carbon-fibre low-series spoiler.

“To be able to extract up to 480kW from the 6.2 litre Chevrolet LS3 V8 engine will make the Walkinshaw E2 Supercar a true collector’s item and a lot of fun to drive,” said WP’s national sales manager Tony Harris.

Covered by what is claimed to be another new performance industry-first is an optional $660 warranty for WP’s ‘power pack’ upgrade, which includes a ‘catback’ exhaust, cold air intake and ECU recalibation. WP supercharger packages start from $16,980.

“It’s a great car which is a heap of fun to drive and really stands out on the road,” said WP program engineer Alan Hale. “To be able to back that up with a new warranty offering sets a new standard for the Australian performance car industry.”

Walkinshaw_E2_Large.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Surely somebody must sell Calais body kits you can throw on to improve the looks. That makes TRD's Aurion look sophisticated.

ruffiano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
write up in the current Motor magazine...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
FUGLY :rofl:

06vzcalais

Reaction score
ugly, but i still wouldnt say no to one
the VE's are only just starting to grown on me the MY10 SS looks sex to me (simple body lines small lip spoiler on the rear, no over the top bodykit)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The body-kit could use a few tweaks but generally I like it. The bonnet scoops need to be a bit more subtle and work into the bonnet more, the mags are definitely **** for that style car, and the horizontal bars in the fog lights need to be replaced with mesh or anything else.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I love it.I don't think that it's ugly, or that anything is out of place.It would definately stand out that's for sure.Just look at certain cars in the past, VL Walkinshaw, VN Group A, probably widely critised for their looks back in the days aswell...

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
I love it.I don't think that it's ugly, or that anything is out of place.It would definately stand out that's for sure.Just look at certain cars in the past, VL Walkinshaw, VN Group A, probably widely critised for their looks back in the days aswell...

agreed but the wheels look ****

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
agreed but the wheels look ****

Also agree....

so... This costs less than 50 grand... and produces 480kw? and the GTS has.. 320kw? (is it? im not sure)... So..... why would anyone in the market buy a GTS that costs what is it? 30 grand more?... why would anyone in the market buy any other kind of HSV

I dont get it?... Something I'm missing orr?? :confused: