Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw full exhaust VS Aftermarker

Grantcore

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 Lanos
Recently picked up a brand new VE thunder, and when it clicks over 3000km i plan on doing the full exhaust, don't know weather to go walky or after market.

have heard that the rear 3" pipes on the walkie arn't completely open, is this true?

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
They are open, one of the tips on each side appear closed because no carbon build up.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Walky will cost you lots... But you also keep things like warranty with the Walky system.

Walky also won't be in your face loud like you can get with aftermarket.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Holden just won't cover any aftermarket parts under warranty..it doesn't completely void it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Walkinshaw is aftermarket. Walkinshaw cover the warranty on their system just like any other aftermarket system. Holden probably recommend the Walky system because the two companies are affiliated.

Different brands and different configurations will have different notes. Walkinshaw, I believe has one system.

As an example, I do the Manta system, you can get two volume levels, one has a muffler as well as hotdogs in the front and this system is quieter than the alternative with just hotdogs in the front. 2 1/2" cat back with front muffler is $1295 shipped, or $1195 without it. I am currently doing a special until the end of May with 1 7/8" primary 4-1 Hurricane extractors, 200 cell high flow cats and the Manta system with hotdogs for $2360 shipped, comes with all gaksets, nuts and bolts and the LH O2 sensor extension.

Grantcore

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 Lanos
thanks for the clear up on the miss conception willy

Not An Abba Fan, is it better to contact you on here in a PM or your facebook page?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
PM here is fine :)

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Personally I'd go the Walkinshaw system just for piece of mind when it comes to warranty. However, as others have stated, it will cost a lot compared to other aftermarket options.

Depending on your tastes as far as volume & notes goes, Walkinshaw just might not be your cup of tea.

All personal option at the end of the day & also how deep your pockets are.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Why does everyone get soooooo hung up about warranty.......since when have exhausts caused issues????
People have been fitting exhausts & tuning these things (VE's) since 2006. Im pretty sure if you pick
an exhaust ....H&M, Manta, X-Force..etc & get a reputable shop to fit it, & then get it tuned ,you should have ZERO issues.
Why line Walkinshaw's pockets with your hard earned money, when others can do better products for less $$$$$.....???

Last edited:

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Warranty depends on the dealers desire and ability to relay what the issue is to holden. If they can't be bothered trying they will blame what ever you have done.

I've had new gearbox and clutch under warranty as my aftermarket exhaust has nothing to do with either.

I've also had Swaybar bushes done under warranty despite suspension mods. My springs had no impact on their dodgy design so it wasn't a problem.