Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw maintenance/servicing costs

lockstock81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi everyone,

A question to those who have owned Walkinshaw upgraded VFs, I am currently looking at a few VF1 Redlines that have had the 310 pack installed.

I'm keen to get in there as at the moment, they're the ones in my price range (unless I can find a VFII SSV in the similar range soon, or be patient and wait for VFII Redlines to drop in price--- when VFIII comes out?). Want to know from owners if there are any service cost surprises or anything I should look out for when it comes to maintenance costs going forward (on top of regular servicing costs etc).

I'll probably end up with one out of warranty (2013/2014 cars). I currently own a Calais V so it'll be a big change.

Thanks for your time/input.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I dont own one but i couldnt imagine it would be any different as its a exhaust upgrade (difilippo ) a cai and a tune? The car will still take 10w40 oil every 7500 to 10000kms and need all the same stuff looked at? Just more cost when you have to do the brembo pads as opposed to the standard ones.

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Hi everyone,

A question to those who have owned Walkinshaw upgraded VFs, I am currently looking at a few VF1 Redlines that have had the 310 pack installed.

I'm keen to get in there as at the moment, they're the ones in my price range (unless I can find a VFII SSV in the similar range soon, or be patient and wait for VFII Redlines to drop in price--- when VFIII comes out?). Want to know from owners if there are any service cost surprises or anything I should look out for when it comes to maintenance costs going forward (on top of regular servicing costs etc).

I'll probably end up with one out of warranty (2013/2014 cars). I currently own a Calais V so it'll be a big change.

Thanks for your time/input.

I bought my VF1 SSV second hand and previous owner had W310 Fitted otherwise I would never have bought the kit myself. I bought the car as it was well in budget and had alot of extras from factory / extra set of rims and tyres.

And as mentioned above servicing is the same.

If I was you I would be patient and wait 100% for a LS3 to come in budget. And then modify it from there if funds permit down the track.

If you cant wait, buy a non walkinshaw branded redline and spend about 3.5 to 4K and get more power than what you would from the W310 package.

But I would wait 100%

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I am currently looking at a few VF1 Redlines that have had the 310 pack installed.

I'm keen to get in there as at the moment, they're the ones in my price range (unless I can find a VFII SSV in the similar range soon, or be patient and wait for VFII Redlines to drop in price--- when VFIII comes out?).

Given the VF only has a 310 package I'd be patiently waiting for the LS3 to come within your price range then you'll never regret your decision.

As others have said, the servicing for the Walkies is the same.

lockstock81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks for the input guys- much appreciated- I will try to wait (it's very difficult sometimes, with everything going on, all the "the last of this and the last of that" talk), I reckon in the long term I will be better off waiting. I think I'll just test some of the current VFs with the upgrade and see but you're right, I'll try to wait for a VF2.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
don''t get pulled in by the hype their will still be plenty of second hand cars for years to come 18-19 will be when most of the ls3 become available when leases run out