Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Upgrade V AFM

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Morning Lads...first post so be gentle.

Just bought my first ever Holden after owning Fords all my life..XR6 Turbo ute and G6E Turbo being the only notable ones.

My new ride is a 2012 VE SSV Redline Manual...yet to decide on colour.

My question relates to the AFM motor and whether putting in the below package from Walkinshaw will wipe the program for the motor to use the AFM and cut out 4 cylinders when cruising?

The Power Pack Upgrade consists of:

• Walkinshaw Performance Cold Air Intake
• Engine Controller Upgrade (ECU)
• Walkinshaw Performance Cat Back Exhaust System 2.5"($300 extra for 3")

Also....if someone has done this package, would love some feedback...... did you get what you expected for $3,600?

cheers

Johno

Last edited:

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hey mate welcome to the forum! Now before all the fan boys get on here and bag walkinshaw because there are cheaper options hear me out first.

I have the walkinshaw power pack HOWEVER I am using the VCM otr intake Walkinshaws intake is rubbish and there OTR intake requires you to remove the front bar to service the filter. I myself have the walkinshaw headers and high flow cats with walkinshaw 3" exhaust and a tune along with the VCM otr.it's great! Looks and sounds great! Trust me get the 3" exhaust it sounds better and is polished :) the performance improvementfans fuel economy is better.. much better ;)

Now since you have a brand spanker by the sounds use walkinshaw!!! Don't risk your driveline warranty! With walkinshaw your warranty isn't voided. I am lucky as I currently have a warranty dispute and because walkinshaw did the work they cant really argue against me. They will however if you use just any old tune shop. Just isn't worth the risk. Finally it adds a little wank factor and let's face it who doesn't like a little bit of that? Specially when EVERYONE knows the walkinshaw name.

I went to Streamline Automotive at warners bay. HIGHLY recommended Mark and Patrick really know there **** and chances are they will have plenty of modded cars to check out so you know what your in for :) That's my 2 cents anyway mate!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Also with the AFM you will get SHOCKING drone when it's in 4 cylinder mode. Not sure if they turn it off or can leave it on but my advice is to get rid of it. Who buys a V8 for economy anyway right? Lol

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Thanks Diesel...heard some good stuff already from these guys as I'm in the Hunter as well.
If I wanted the same performance but less fuel I would have bought another Ford Turbo...however its just not the same as a V8.
Current deal from Mark is Cat Back Exhaust 2.5", Cold air intake, Tune, Floor Mats, Sill Plates, Dash OPlique, Smart Antenna for $3600

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thats a good deal better than what I got at the time lol. I'll be there on Monday let me know how it goes for you

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
I also have the Walky performance pack and I love it induction noise and exhaust noise together sounds awesome.. How does the ve compare to the turbo??

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Take it to someone like Chev's performance or VCM and you'll save a bucket load, get better customer service and probably end up with more power.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Holden don't warrant it, so you will have to take any problems up with Walkinshaw.

I'm pretty sure that the warranty only applies when buying the supercharger and associates gear, not just tunes and exhausts (as per their web page)

If warranty did apply it would be a bun fight over why a part failed. Holden will blame Walkinshaw and Vica versa and you will be stuck in the middle.

While I don't doubt the product, it's not the only or best option..often it's just rebranded gear (ie their CAI looks strangely similar to the SS inductions one. The exhaust is just a HM etc)