Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Upgrade V AFM

gambler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS + HZ Kingswood
Hey Kenny Rogers,
My Fords were -
05 XR6 Turbo ute, 6 speed auto, sold at 13km for company Hilux...had 258rwkw with only ecomony Edit tune, 2nd CAI, Highflow filter, slightly bigger intercooler(2k)..Now thats bang for buck!
08 G6E Turbo....stock...6 speed auto, sold at 49kms for another company car....no issues... loved this car....bit scary going around roundabout at 100 though with Grandpa suspension....pretty much resembled a 4 metre swell in a 12 foot dingy.
I loved Holdens when I was younger and both my brothers own HQ GTS 2 doors....so wouldnt class myself as a full on.. 'wave the Blue oval in ya face guy'...
I think its just maybe the V8 and a three year or so look at what Holden has to offer and if happy maybe a look at HSV.....all depends on this car.
Not a good start as they dont have an auto in NSW......looks like I'll be having to play with a stick more often than I already do!

Mate both the fords sound like good cars. I'm surprised about the G6E suspension, thought they would have had it well sorted. Very jealous of both your brothers, I've got an old HZ sedan as my project car, but the ultimate is an XA to XC coupe.
I was looking at XR6 Turbo sedans when I bought my SS, and it was definitely being a V8 that swayed me. Only thing I would change now is that I would have gotten a manual, picked the auto for driving to and from work with all the traffic (for which it's great) but the auto never seems to be in the right power range when you want it to be.

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Well after a drama filled day I ended up with the SSV Redline manual in Chlorophyll for under 50k....happy and so is the Mrs....thank fark

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Well after a drama filled day I ended up with the SSV Redline manual in Chlorophyll for under 50k....happy and so is the Mrs....thank fark

Awesome news mate!!! Tell mark at warners bay Mitch from orange said to come see you. Thats if your going to do it of course. But do the FULL walky exhaust there headers and cats made a huge difference to my car! The 3" almost sounds like a C63 AMG Benz it's awesome extremely happy! Team that up with a VCM otr and a tune from mark and you will be smiling :)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Hey Kenny Rogers,
looks like I'll be having to play with a stick more often than I already do!

Haha sounds like you drive a truck, zaccery the reason I went for an auto, you gotta pay me to change gears lol ;)

Congrats on your new ride, I'm sure you'll love it.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Haha sounds like you drive a truck, zaccery the reason I went for an auto, you gotta pay me to change gears lol ;)

Congrats on your new ride, I'm sure you'll love it.

Autos are power robbing boat anchors lol

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Autos make my 230km daily commute much more pleasurable when I drive a 13 or 18 speed road ranger gearbox for 12 hours between trips in the car :D

Sent from the Mia Space Station using a 27Mhz walkie talkie and a piece of tin foil.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Autos make my 230km daily commute much more pleasurable when I drive a 13 or 18 speed road ranger gearbox for 12 hours between trips in the car :D

Sent from the Mia Space Station using a 27Mhz walkie talkie and a piece of tin foil.

I drive a road ranger every day :) only reason I would have auto is if I lived in Sydney lol

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
I don't recommend Walkinshaw. Firstly because they are re-branded products and secondly because a warranty claim will only be denied by Holden if a non-genuine component fitted contributed to a failure. This applies not only to powertrain but also electrical (stereo's, light's etc.)

The only reason why someone chooses Walkinshaw is for the reputable name associated with the product and because of the false belief in regards to warranty claims.

In regards to the Active Fuel Management resonating through a larger diameter exhaust when the cylinder shut-down is active, this can be counteracted with the use of a J pipe at the muffler assembly.

To Diesel_Junkie: I don't understand why your tune has been checked by numerous VCM Suite dealers unless you haven't been happy with the performance or it wasn't what you expected. Could you please elaborate, do you feel the tune is conservative and 'lacking' so as a result, have taken the car elsewhere to be verified that the tune was done to an applicable standard?

Regards,

PSI KING

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I don't recommend Walkinshaw. Firstly because they are re-branded products and secondly because a warranty claim will only be denied by Holden if a non-genuine component fitted contributed to a failure. This applies not only to powertrain but also electrical (stereo's, light's etc.)

The only reason why someone chooses Walkinshaw is for the reputable name associated with the product and because of the false belief in regards to warranty claims.

In regards to the Active Fuel Management resonating through a larger diameter exhaust when the cylinder shut-down is active, this can be counteracted with the use of a J pipe at the muffler assembly.

To Diesel_Junkie: I don't understand why your tune has been checked by numerous VCM Suite dealers unless you haven't been happy with the performance or it wasn't what you expected. Could you please elaborate, do you feel the tune is conservative and 'lacking' so as a result, have taken the car elsewhere to be verified that the tune was done to an applicable standard?

Regards,

PSI KING

Ok smart ass first of all the rebranded product argument.. do you know how many brands of shock absorbers are in the world?? probably 200? 300? Hell maybe there is 1000! Now do you know how many companies in the whole wide world there is left who MAKE shock absorbers? THREE! THATS RIGHT 3! do you know who makes VCM headers? or VCM exhausts? Certainly not VCM! no there actually made by another company now would you be surprised to know it's actually not VCM who make there products? Just like walkinshaw they are made by an exhaust manufacturer! HM PERRY and PACEMAKER are 2 of the only very few left in Australia. Who makes xforce? Well my friend it's not xforce shock horror! Its some Chinese exhaust manufacturer! Do you know there's only 2 companies left in the world who make lifters? Probably not.. Walkinshaw and KPM offer protection plans with there after market mods. Secondly smart ass MY LOCAL DSM said to me and o quote " we dont honour warranty claims on driveline if the car has been modified to the extent where the modifications could impact on the lifespan of the drveline, if however you have had Walkinshaw performance power pack and or supercharger fitted to a holden warranted vehicle holden in most cases will honour a warranty claim unless the fault has been directly linked to the Walkinshaw component and in which case Walkinshaw and holden will work together to resolve the issue" that is a direct quote from my DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER which I have in writing. So before you open your mouth thinking you know how about check your facts!

And finally I have had my car independently dynod by a VCM agent who wanted to look at my tune. I said no problem he extracted the files and said in his opinion it was a good tune and made good power for your current mods. I'm completely confident in my tune! Especially after my high flow cats were fitted with 4-1 headers made a huge difference. Why don't you go on the summernats website and look who won most powerful NA small block for last couple of years.. the guy who done my car owns that car. Just because there Walkinshaw doesn't mean they do conservative tunes. Power packs with growler intakes is what you would call "conservative" they also are a VCM suite agent which means jack **** really but they are. So your argument is flawed my friend.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
By the way my cars doing 350 to 361 HP at the wheels depending on what dyno you believe.