Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Upgrade V AFM

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
So I pose a question: Who makes exhaust systems for Walkinshaw?

Answer: HM Perry.

Question: Who makes VCM exhaust systems?

Answer: Who knows.. probably some chinaman.. (by the way I not dissing VCM I have there otr)

So your telling me the difference between Walkinshaw and VCM besides $$$ is ones products are made my a reputable company and one isnt. Wow such a crime quick jump on the bag Walkinshaw bandwagon like every other bias tosser.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Jeez defensive much?

The great part about having the Commodore is that we're spoilt for choice when it comes to aftermarket gear. You picked walkinshaw for your own reasons and are happy with it, others like me picked alternative product because it ticked all the boxes that was important to me. Personally regardless of the performance I can't stand that only one exhaust tip carbons up. If it makes me a 'tosser' to like other gear than so be it. You continue to believe that you have the best and only suitable equipment

As for warranty, if you have a good relationship with your dealer and DSM then it's not too much of an issue, but regardless of what the DSM says there is always someone who will over ride his decision and don't think for a second that Holden care whether it is walki gear or not.

PSI_KING

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS E
Ok smart ass first of all the rebranded product argument.. do you know how many brands of shock absorbers are in the world?? probably 200? 300? Hell maybe there is 1000! Now do you know how many companies in the whole wide world there is left who MAKE shock absorbers? THREE! THATS RIGHT 3! do you know who makes VCM headers? or VCM exhausts? Certainly not VCM! no there actually made by another company now would you be surprised to know it's actually not VCM who make there products? Just like walkinshaw they are made by an exhaust manufacturer! HM PERRY and PACEMAKER are 2 of the only very few left in Australia. Who makes xforce? Well my friend it's not xforce shock horror! Its some Chinese exhaust manufacturer! Do you know there's only 2 companies left in the world who make lifters? Probably not.. Walkinshaw and KPM offer protection plans with there after market mods. Secondly smart ass MY LOCAL DSM said to me and o quote " we dont honour warranty claims on driveline if the car has been modified to the extent where the modifications could impact on the lifespan of the drveline, if however you have had Walkinshaw performance power pack and or supercharger fitted to a holden warranted vehicle holden in most cases will honour a warranty claim unless the fault has been directly linked to the Walkinshaw component and in which case Walkinshaw and holden will work together to resolve the issue" that is a direct quote from my DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER which I have in writing. So before you open your mouth thinking you know how about check your facts!

And finally I have had my car independently dynod by a VCM agent who wanted to look at my tune. I said no problem he extracted the files and said in his opinion it was a good tune and made good power for your current mods. I'm completely confident in my tune! Especially after my high flow cats were fitted with 4-1 headers made a huge difference. Why don't you go on the summernats website and look who won most powerful NA small block for last couple of years.. the guy who done my car owns that car. Just because there Walkinshaw doesn't mean they do conservative tunes. Power packs with growler intakes is what you would call "conservative" they also are a VCM suite agent which means jack **** really but they are. So your argument is flawed my friend.

If this is the way I'm going to be spoken to, this forum can go and get ####ed.

Regards,

PSI_KING

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
If this is the way I'm going to be spoken to, this forum can go and get ####ed.

Regards,

PSI_KING

ditching a forum because of the attitude of one person? harden up princess. there are many people on here, not everyone is going to agree with you, and unfortunately, not everyone is going to respond to you in a civilized manner.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Ok smart ass first of all the rebranded product argument.. do you know how many brands of shock absorbers are in the world?? probably 200? 300? Hell maybe there is 1000! Now do you know how many companies in the whole wide world there is left who MAKE shock absorbers? THREE! THATS RIGHT 3! do you know who makes VCM headers? or VCM exhausts? Certainly not VCM! no there actually made by another company now would you be surprised to know it's actually not VCM who make there products? Just like walkinshaw they are made by an exhaust manufacturer! HM PERRY and PACEMAKER are 2 of the only very few left in Australia. Who makes xforce? Well my friend it's not xforce shock horror! Its some Chinese exhaust manufacturer! Do you know there's only 2 companies left in the world who make lifters? Probably not.. Walkinshaw and KPM offer protection plans with there after market mods. Secondly smart ass MY LOCAL DSM said to me and o quote " we dont honour warranty claims on driveline if the car has been modified to the extent where the modifications could impact on the lifespan of the drveline, if however you have had Walkinshaw performance power pack and or supercharger fitted to a holden warranted vehicle holden in most cases will honour a warranty claim unless the fault has been directly linked to the Walkinshaw component and in which case Walkinshaw and holden will work together to resolve the issue" that is a direct quote from my DISTRICT SERVICE MANAGER which I have in writing. So before you open your mouth thinking you know how about check your facts!

And finally I have had my car independently dynod by a VCM agent who wanted to look at my tune. I said no problem he extracted the files and said in his opinion it was a good tune and made good power for your current mods. I'm completely confident in my tune! Especially after my high flow cats were fitted with 4-1 headers made a huge difference. Why don't you go on the summernats website and look who won most powerful NA small block for last couple of years.. the guy who done my car owns that car. Just because there Walkinshaw doesn't mean they do conservative tunes. Power packs with growler intakes is what you would call "conservative" they also are a VCM suite agent which means jack **** really but they are. So your argument is flawed my friend.

You sure are touchy arent you? Somebody says one thing and you fly off the handle at them. Makes me think there's some underlying issues as to why you are like you are when people have an opposite opinion about Walkinshaw. Care to show us this letter? Because until you do, everything you've claimed as a direct quote could be made up.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
It's not about Walkinshaw or any brand in particular I'm just sick to death of the flawed argument about Walkinshaw. PSI KING is a wanker end of story. If he come on and said hey I have VCM or I have kpm or Di flippo and I got great results and it's great quality etc etc etc that's fine. Many people have done this but no he decided to take a personal shot at me for choosing Walkinshaw and how I have no confidence in my tune bla bla bla.. want to know something? VCM don't even garentee there tunes FFS !!! Ring Greg and ask him he will tell you he can't garentee all there work. Where as Walkinshaw DOES! not only that I have it in writing from Walkinshaw with warranty documents! If they don't play ball it's simple consumer affairs and a solicitor would love to get involved. haven't u ever been told be careful what you put in writing because u then can be held to account. Words mean nothing. Nothing is ever fool proof or perfect even on a bog stock car you can have warranty denied I know someone who cooked an .sv6 engine holden said nope.. abuse was the cause DENIED! it's that simple bottom line is Walkinshaw have a working relationship with holden. Holden and HSV don't send brand new un delivered cars to VCM or kpm or chevs or gm motorsport (which I'm sure are all very good) do they? No.. but they do send them to Walkinshaw just ring cardiff holden and ask them? As for the exhaust tip thing who gives a **** that's a personal opinion nothing the old black paint won't fix sounds amazing I'm my opinion. Some people like the sound of straight pipe.. I don't I hate it again OPINION! Bottom line Is he ranted on about a product he's never even been involved with. Underlying issue? There is none it's just the smart asses who think they know everything! You won't find one post in this forum where I've done Anything BUT give my opinion. I've not once taken a shot at anyone for choosing a particular product. I love VCM and you know what I'm using a VCM cam down the track shock horror!!! Not diesel junkie he used Walkinshaw quick get the just commodores police onto him.!.... It's just a bloody joke! Just because I used a walky exhaust system doesn't mean jack I have a VCM otr and my car was tuned with EFI live not some special so called "conservative" Walkinshaw tune pfft ... point is I'm not bias to one product I'm just stating a FACT to people that Walkinshaw is a safer option for when you have a brand new car. And there is no denying that weather u like it or not. If you can find someone who used walkinshaw and were denied warranty please find them and get them on here and prove it. It's that simple. As for my documents proving what my DSM said I have it in my glove box and that's where it's staying :)

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I can name one Holden dealership that does actually send brand spanking new cars to VCM for a whole range of work.
Patterson Cheney Holden created a whole range of cars badged 'RS' RaceSport, when buying your car you could pick an upgrade ranging from just an OTR and tune, all the way up to Supercharged/exhaust/diff/coolers etc.
The work didn't void the warranty, unless you went Supercharged, 1 year warranty instead of 3, and a few magazines did write ups on these cars.
Just saying.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Diesel_junkie, do you have the full walkinshaw package (minus intake)?

Looking at the exhaust help thread you started a fee weeks back you did have the 2.5 walki catback that wasn't loud enough and theb put an c force on it and seemed happy.

Have you changed it again?

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Also diesel you mention you have a full wilki exhaust but just started a thread saying you have pacies and stock cats and looking to upgrade. What's the go