Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Upgrade V AFM

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Also diesel you mention you have a full wilki exhaust but just started a thread saying you have pacies and stock cats and looking to upgrade. What's the go

If you read around he got rid of the pacies, got walkinshaw headers with high flow cats and a 3" xforce catback...

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
He's actually got a full Walky system now with 3inch catback.

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
So after 53 posts....does the AFM get canned or what?...which is why I started this thread.....
'I' dont care now because I've ended up with a manual however someone else might want to know

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
So after 53 posts....does the AFM get canned or what?...which is why I started this thread.....
'I' dont care now because I've ended up with a manual however someone else might want to know

Series 2 V8s have the L77 motor for both manual and auto.
Auto has AFM Enabled, Manual has it disabled from factory.

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Cheers Big Jim...all covered now...we laughed, we cried......some got angry, some spat the dummy.

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
G’day fellas, thought I’d throw my two cents in as well. I have a Walkinshaw Power pack with 2.5 exhaust fitted to my SSV that was done back in 2009. I don’t have the OTR but the growler intake and am more than happy with the results.

I have thought of going down the OTR route but my local mechanic told me not to bother as the difference would not be that noticeable. I believe him as he has tuned cars before, but, the look of an OTR does make your engine look more aggressive, and let’s face it when you lift the bonnet you want to be impressed. If I decide to go that way, I’ll probably go with Walky.

Cleaning the filter is not a big issue for me as it’s not something I’m going to be doing every second Saturday. Ideally I’d love the beast Supercharged, but I have the travel bug now and would rather spend 13k on an overseas trip than a supercharger.
Anyway , good luck Redline, I hpoe you'll be happy.

Oh, and the reason I went with Walky...I love their exhaust tips and I'm a HRT man.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hi fellas, just read through this thread. Pretty crazy! Lol

When I was talking to one of my local well recognised performance shops they mentioned that the AFM motors have different parts in them that you need to pay extra to have removed if you go for the tune etc.
Anyway, glad you went with manual mate.

My question is about the "exhaust tip thing". What is this? With Walky exhausts? One pipe carbons up or something...

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Hi fellas, just read through this thread. Pretty crazy! Lol

When I was talking to one of my local well recognised performance shops they mentioned that the AFM motors have different parts in them that you need to pay extra to have removed if you go for the tune etc.
Anyway, glad you went with manual mate.

My question is about the "exhaust tip thing". What is this? With Walky exhausts? One pipe carbons up or something...

Incorrect on the part removal for "just a tune". Nothing mechanically needs to be removed. However, if installing a cam, then that is a totally different matter. You would need to get rid of DoD lifters and change the valley plate....amongst other things.

Walkinshaw exhausts are HM exhausts. The muffler only has one opening even though they are twin tips. Hence why one carbons up and the other doesn't.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Ah correct, forgot I included a cam in my enquiry. Cheers

That's funny about the exhaust, does it have any effect on the sound?

I'm hoping to buy a 2012 HSV if I can sell my cars. Hence why I am interested in Walky gear for the warranty reason. My HSV dealer also states that no warranty is affected. I'll be opting for a VCM OTR though.
I'd love KPM though. Or even Xforce lol i think they are great exhausts (I've had 2) nice and loud.