Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wankers everywhere

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Dockless bicycle service abused..
Another example of how some people are just ....fuckwits.
There are images at the link

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...ydney-and-melbourne-streets-and-rivers-2017-9

While both companies clearly instruct customers to park the bicycles in safe and legal locations where they won’t obstruct pedestrians and other transport, the honour system is having some teething issues in both Sydney and Melbourne.

On social media, there are reports of bikes being left on the footpath or dangerously close to tram and train tracks — and transport interchange hubs like train stations and bus stops crowded with abandoned bicycles.

There have even been photos of oBikes left up in trees and on roofs, while in Melbourne on Tuesday oBike contractors retrieved 42 bicycles from the bottom of the Yarra River, after users dumped the two-wheelers into the water.

“We have had a few who abused our bikes either by dismantling them or throwing them into canals. This was disappointing,” oBike head of marketing Chethan Rangaswamy told Business Insider.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I've never had any issue buying or selling on Gumtree.
Don't actually sell on Ebay, but buy all my service parts from there as they are a lot cheaper than the local parts stores.
I've found the worst place to sell anything is in Facebook Groups.......As someone already mentioned, you get every uneducated wankers opinion, along with all the lowballing brain dead fuckwits that troll those pages

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Dockless bicycle service abused..
Another example of how some people are just ....fuckwits.
There are images at the link

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...ydney-and-melbourne-streets-and-rivers-2017-9

While both companies clearly instruct customers to park the bicycles in safe and legal locations where they won’t obstruct pedestrians and other transport, the honour system is having some teething issues in both Sydney and Melbourne.

On social media, there are reports of bikes being left on the footpath or dangerously close to tram and train tracks — and transport interchange hubs like train stations and bus stops crowded with abandoned bicycles.

There have even been photos of oBikes left up in trees and on roofs, while in Melbourne on Tuesday oBike contractors retrieved 42 bicycles from the bottom of the Yarra River, after users dumped the two-wheelers into the water.

“We have had a few who abused our bikes either by dismantling them or throwing them into canals. This was disappointing,” oBike head of marketing Chethan Rangaswamy told Business Insider.

From what I see the fuckwits are the mindless money-grabbing Asian start-ups that pollute our cities with a raft of unregulated wasteful pushy bait :mad:

3rdGenVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT SS
Agree with Tonner Matt, Facebook groups are worst than Gumtree. Always seem to be a few idiots who want to bag something just to try and demonstrate their knowledge of an item/subject.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Dockless bicycle service abused...

Anyone who thinks that this will work in Australia either believes in fairies at the bottom of the garden, or has fairies in their top paddock.
The owners of these bikes must be unaware that Australians are decendants of social outcasts, thieves and convicts.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
From what I see the fuckwits are the mindless money-grabbing Asian start-ups that pollute our cities with a raft of unregulated wasteful pushy bait :mad:
You will need to help me out here......I don't know the phrase..."wasteful pushy bait"

Are you referring to (unregistered) bicycle riders on the public roads getting in the way of your resource intensive fossil fuel burning exhaust polluting v-hickle?
;)

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Anyone who thinks that this will work in Australia either believes in fairies at the bottom of the garden, or has fairies in their top paddock.
The owners of these bikes must be unaware that Australians are decendants of social outcasts, thieves and convicts.

Yeah, our mainstream culture is not very sophisticated, you only have to wander the pub/club or party scene or major sporting event in any city or town to see our neanderthal mentality, and it's not only the blokes, some Aussie women on the turps are just plain ugly.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
You will need to help me out here......I don't know the phrase..."wasteful pushy bait"

Are you referring to (unregistered) bicycle riders on the public roads getting in the way of your resource intensive fossil fuel burning exhaust polluting v-hickle?
;)
Pushy = pushbike
Regulation = in accord with civic authorities that are responsible for clean, healthy living.
Business model is to dump hundreds and thousands of their machines (pushies) without regulated lawful consent of the public authorities. Clearly the article you linked makes the case that Asians love the concept but are too self-centered to care about the consequence of leaving someone else’s property in a careful, thoughtful manner.

Also anything out of a modern exhaust hardly compares to the massive pollution from unregulated Chinese factories that produce, package these two bob treadlies, loaded onto heavy fuel oil hulks, multiplying by tens of thousands daily littering the planet.
It’s not dumb Aussies, more thoughtless capitalist Asians. Stupid disgraceful business is nothing but a filthy lucre aid, needs to be shut down.
What’s happening in China per your link is sickening, Aussies are at least taking the creative initiative and protesting against these ridiculous, soon-to-be-shutdown ‘start-ups’.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Pushy = pushbike
Regulation = in accord with civic authorities that are responsible for clean, healthy living.
Business model is to dump hundreds and thousands of their machines (pushies) without regulated lawful consent of the public authorities. Clearly the article you linked makes the case that Asians love the concept but are too self-centered to care about the consequence of leaving someone else’s property in a careful, thoughtful manner.

Also anything out of a modern exhaust hardly compares to the massive pollution from unregulated Chinese factories that produce, package these two bob treadlies, loaded onto heavy fuel oil hulks, multiplying by tens of thousands daily littering the planet.
It’s not dumb Aussies, more thoughtless capitalist Asians. Stupid disgraceful business is nothing but a filthy lucre aid, needs to be shut down.
What’s happening in China per your link is sickening, Aussies are at least taking the creative initiative and protesting against these ridiculous, soon-to-be-shutdown ‘start-ups’.
Umm...I know what a "pushy" is....it was the term "wasteful pushy bait" I was referring too, as stated.

"Dumping" pushies?
"without regulated lawful consent of public authorities"
You think Aussies can take some moral high ground in terms of ethical business practices??
Ranting that it is all about thoughtless capitalist Asians is pretty ignorant.

Plus, you're saying Aussies are using 'creative initiative' by doing exactly what you say is rank? Dumping the bikes in rivers, canals, up trees, on top of bus shelters, or just leave em laying around?
LOL
That's not showing creative initiative, it's being destructive wasteful and stupid.

Clearly you're angry about this business idea but I'm having trouble getting my head around your anger.
From what I can see, the business model should work and have some useful benefits if the "customers" use it as it is intended and respect the property and have some decency and common sense.
It seems to me it is the customers creating a problem where there shouldn't be a problem, not the business itself.

Yeah, I've seen images and read an article about the problem in China with dumped bikes, but again, the concept or idea seems ok to me it's just that the process, system and customers are creating an issue. The problem is bigger in China because they have over a billion people.
Just because Australia has a puny 24 million people doesn't mean squat, on a per capita basis Australia is one of the most wasteful and resource sucking nations on the planet, on top of that, we do it with a ship load of foreign capital (financial debt)
And our recycling policies and regulations are not as good as what you may think.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
if the "customers" use it as it is intended and respect the property and have some decency and common sense
Unless things have changed by shitloads since I left, you'd be pushin' to get two out of four of those in an Australian city.