Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want adjustment to ride height after lowering

Reidstah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I had a Lovell eliminator kit put on my SSV a week ago, overall i'm pretty happy with it to be honest but I would like the front to sit a little lower. I'm guessing it will require new springs (currently has SSL all round)

What are my chances of taking it back in and lowering the front without being charged?

I'm doubtful but it can't hurt to ask right.

I'm not overly fussed if it can't be changed, I just really wanted it flush all the way round, although I did specify I was worried about the front bar so didn't want it too low.
Anyway over the week it's been grating on me enough to at least ask the question here...then maybe to the shop.

Reidstah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Wont that mean the rear settles lower as well though?

In any case, cheers for the reply guys, i'll leave it a while.

brgsv6

Bing!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
I got my sv6 lowered on SSL's all round, was going to take it back within the week to lower it more but it settled at least 10mm in the rear and probably more in the front. my advice wait a week or so.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Do you know if the installers release all the tension on all the suspension pivot points before they drop the cars weight back onto the wheels?

Your ride height will sit higher if you don't do this. It also puts unnecessary load on the bushings that eventially destroys them premiturely.

It show be: springs in, loosen all pivot points, drop car onto its wheels, bounce a couple of times, then tighten pivot points back up to specifications. You'll need a 4 post hoist.

You would be suprised of how many tension "twangs" I've heard when loosening lowered suspensions pivots!