Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

want more bass and better way to tune my stereo

Hellz03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Hi I have a vx series 2 Pioneer 1 din DVD stereo running a fusion sub 1200 and pioneeer monoblock amp
I want to get more bass also what's the best way to tune my stereo my system has a few settings I have no idea what they are lol
But is there a certain setting or settings I need to change to get better bass/sound
Plz help

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
There is nothing on the H/U that will give you more bass.

If the LPF and Gain are set properly, and everything is wired up properly, it will give you the maximum amount of bass that your system is capable of.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
As Above. If that's not enough you need to upgrade your sub and amp combo or look at building a tuned and vented/ported or slotted (my personal favourite) enclosure designed for your sub

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Actually, its pretty hard to give you correct advice without some more info :) What size is the sub? 8,10,12 inch? What other speakers are you running? Are they also amped or running directly off the head unit? What sort of box is the sub in currently? And where is it located in the boot? Up against the rear seats pointing backwards will generally give you more bass, as opposed to facing into the cabin.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
As above it could be the box, i literally just changed from a crappy box into a new box and the sound difference was amazing!