Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want My VR Commodore To Sound Tuff But Dont Want It To Cost N Arm N A Leg???

DontBeShy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Acclaim Series 2 - 3.8ltre
man, why don't you just use cash then instead of limbs?

why the stupid response, because people need to learn how to use the bloody search button. **** i would be confident in saying that this exact topic has probably been covered 10 times.

ha......... ha.......... ha ..............
so funny
pffttt

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i just put a 2 and a half inch catback on my vs and it sounds pretty decent , no extractors yet due too money restrictions but the exhaust cost 220 fitted.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
And reasonably cheap too ^^^^^

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
as already been said.... 2.5in cat back with one muffler then straight pipe out to the back and a set of extractors (i used wildcat extractors and seem to work well).

I have a nice low rumble at low revs and a crackley bark at take off when heavy on the throttle (goes quiet though when throttle is eased up :whistling)

sounds crap at 2500rpm ... not really drony but wooooooo kind of sound..... so i try to avoid staying at those revs for too long:p

here is an example how mine sounds .... over revved it a bit though ... and yes there is condensation spewing out the exhast pipe cause i didn't warm it up :bang:

YouTube - VR commodore Exhaust note.... 2.5in system

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
wooo hoo, im one set of extractors away from sounding like that myself!

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yer well ive found a joint that will fit em, now i just need too find a set of extractors i can afford.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
If you want to be really cheap about it, replace all your rubber exhaust hangers with bits of wire. It works, I lost of my rubber ones once and bent up a welding electrode to go in instead and it sounded cool.

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
pull a lead off that way ppl will think you will have a huge cam

Revhead-Ryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II S
If you want it too sound "tuff" heres a solution to the problem lol. You can take this as a joke or serious. Me and some mates have done it before and it sounds crazy, but its obviously illegal i think? And not good for the car

Cut the exhaust off at the diff, makes it sound bloody crazy xD

Or just get a 3inch exhaust and get extractors etc and your set. My VS has this and its got a real nice deep V8 tone when on low revs (the tuff sound your after) but when u give it some, it has a distinctive growl like the Golf R32 if you have ever heard them?