Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want My VR Commodore To Sound Tuff But Dont Want It To Cost N Arm N A Leg???

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
My exhaust ends at the diff due to not getting around to fixing the end peice, and it doesn't sound much different. Looks crap from behind too, it's obvious something is missing.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
If you want it too sound "tuff" heres a solution to the problem lol. You can take this as a joke or serious. Me and some mates have done it before and it sounds crazy, but its obviously illegal i think? And not good for the car

Cut the exhaust off at the diff, makes it sound bloody crazy xD

Or just get a 3inch exhaust and get extractors etc and your set. My VS has this and its got a real nice deep V8 tone when on low revs (the tuff sound your after) but when u give it some, it has a distinctive growl like the Golf R32 if you have ever heard them?

Yeah cut it at the diff and watch the cops flop their wangs out ready for an ass raping. That would sound bloody awful on a V6. Highly doubt it sounds like a V8, bit hard to get a V8 note from an engine that missing 2 cylinders. A 3" exhaust on a V6 is a bit big. you would really only end up losing power. Too much flow is not a good thing.

On my Senator i ran it dumped at the diff one day (didn't drive it out on main roads, just up my street) just to see how it sounds. I have a 3" cat back with HSV extractors and a hot dog. Even on a V8 it didn't sound that great, needs to be muffled a bit to get a nice note IMO.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
well atleast your not ina vn (thumbs up for that)

hmmmmm.... maybe save your cash, and buy a 5litre, or LsX when your old enough.

And as Coby said, you will save yourself getting done by the men and woman in blue, and the ol EPA fine isnt good at all.

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
My VS has a 3 inch exhaust and it sounds pretty sweet, but yeah its kinda massive haha

We had the exhaust cut at the diff once, and it sounded alright at times. Id just go with that other guy. Save your money and a massive hsv 5.7 ltr and just give it some and enjoy the pleasure going into your ears. Or just wack a V8 into the car u got now, probz not worth it tho.

I was considering putting a V8 into my VS when i get onto my opens. Found a 700hp 5.7L with a turbo for $7000, but then u gotta pay for fitting unless ur a mechanical wiz.

Just spend abit on a nice exhaust system, you can get a 2 and a half catback for like $300 from good old ebay if u wanna trust it. I have and its worth it haha