Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want My VR Commodore To Sound Tuff But Dont Want It To Cost N Arm N A Leg???

DontBeShy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Acclaim Series 2 - 3.8ltre
what are some thing's i can do
to make my VR Commodore sound tuff?
without breakin the bank.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
mm i'd like to know too, any tips or tricks??....

mine sounds tuff but needs a little more.....

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
yeah... don't

nothing worse than a loud na v6 - or "tuff" as you call it - sounds like sh*t, cheapens your car, and makes you look like a try hard boy racer.

if you want tuff, get a v8... no offence meant by this mate, just my view on things

DontBeShy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Acclaim Series 2 - 3.8ltre
yeh fair enough
but we all cant afford v8's
nd becuase of these **** laws
we all cant drive v8s either

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
man, why don't you just use cash then instead of limbs?

why the stupid response, because people need to learn how to use the bloody search button. **** i would be confident in saying that this exact topic has probably been covered 10 times.

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
man, why don't you just use cash then instead of limbs?

why the stupid response, because people need to learn how to use the bloody search button. **** i would be confident in saying that this exact topic has probably been covered 10 times.

hahha mad ***t....

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
yeh fair enough
but we all cant afford v8's
nd becuase of these **** laws
we all cant drive v8s either

If you want your VR to sound "better" (not tough), then just put a 2.5" catback exhaust on it, no resi, and a set of Pacemaker extractors. That's about as good as a V6 will sound. Any louder or more open exhaust wise, and they start to sound really tinny and horrible. Like a Lancer with a big exhaust, you know, that loud farting noise.

Pacies with a 2.5" cat back with no resi will make a V6 sound alright. Nice low rumble. You can usually pick up Pacies on Egay for sweet **** all.

CoMrAdE MaRx23

CoMrAdE MaRx23
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 1995
ok i have the answer but only if u have a solid rear axle. this is maori as but it REALLY does sound good and will not cost u a cent also if you get defected for it it takes 2mins to put it back to stock:w00t:
look at your rear muffler, now follow the pipe towards the motor. you will find a flexi joint just above the diff other wise known as the (hockey stick) there is an exaust flange there undo the two bolts. i cant rember what size they are 17ish maybee lol pull the flange apart.
Now your rear muffler is seprate from the rest of your system, take out the gasket and keep it incase you need to make the exaust quiet and stock again.:yeah:
Now get one of the nuts and thread it back on to the stud.tighten it all the way up. I usally put it on the stud closest to the front of the car this nut is now acting as a spacer put the flange back together and tighten up the spare nut on the spare stud.
DONE!!!!:wax:
now an eplination, What you have done is, at our newly created spacer, all the exaust noise is excaping here, COOLIEZ !!! most of the gas too but some dose flow on through the rear muffler and to the un suspecting eye (at theback of the car) there is still exaust gas coming out the rear muffler.:D

this sounds good and dosnt cost a cent.:dance:

CoMrAdE MaRx23

CoMrAdE MaRx23
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 1995
Ps dont give me **** for this post coz I'll look up your IP's hunt you down and KILL YOU!!!!! , nah just jokes critisim would be great.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Why not save yourself the hassle of Police and heavy EPA fines for that, and just do it all legitimately with an exhaust and extractors.

That mod isn't worth the defect and fines that will follow it. And it will sound bloody awful.