Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want one of the last, it's almost too late

koalasprint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS MY17
Ever since the announcement of no more V8's I resolved to buy myself one before it is too late.

I’ve been looking through reviews, brochures, options etc. I like the Redline, but there are a few things that the Redline has that I don’t like. (Black wheels, sunroof, FE3 Ultra(Hard) sports suspension(great on smooth roads, not so good where I live) and leather seats(Leather is nice if heated though))

So I have decided on the SS with the tried and true FE2 suspension. It now comes with 19” Alloy wheels which will look much better on a car with my colour of choice(Red). I can also add the factory option for the Brembo brake upgrade and the rear wing spoiler in lieu of the lip spoiler.

Last year Holden locked in their last order for V8’s. So production numbers to the end in October are set. I’d read that the V8’s are selling like hotcakes despite the higher price tag. To further combat this Holden has told dealers to stop discounting on V8’s and also told dealers of their remaining allocation of V8’s.

I tried my local Holden dealer. He was allocated only six V8 cars. None of them were SS auto’s. So I tried going via my novated lease company. The consultant advised me to get in fast. She was expecting the order book to close by April. So I printed off my build sheet(from the Holden web site) and sent that to her to get the best price from their dealer network.

I started to get worried when I didn’t hear back from them. So I rang. She told me that they were struggling to find a dealer that had any stock left (unallocated) or that would honour the RRP prices. Apparently the Holden build doesn’t quote enough for on road costs in Victoria. After a lot of sweating on my part, I was able to lock in the exact car I wanted at the retail price quoted on Holden’s site. The consultant told me that the dealer principle was allocated forty V8’s and had only six left. I got one of the six.

So if you were like me, wanting one of the last V8’s, particularly if you want some factory options you need to ring around the dealers ASAP! The order books are almost full.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Koalasprint you have obviously optioned the upgraded brake package for your SS, this gives you a slightly larger rotor with single piston calipers up front, same as what they use on the police vehicles exported to the US. You can only get the Brembo brakes on a Redline and the trio of special edition models.

koalasprint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS MY17
Yes, exactly right dgp. As a $350 factory option why wouldn't you upgrade? The pity is that pretty soon you won't be able to order one.

Roblin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Ever since the announcement of no more V8's I resolved to buy myself one before it is too late.

I’ve been looking through reviews, brochures, options etc. I like the Redline, but there are a few things that the Redline has that I don’t like. (Black wheels, sunroof, FE3 Ultra(Hard) sports suspension(great on smooth roads, not so good where I live) and leather seats(Leather is nice if heated though))

So I have decided on the SS with the tried and true FE2 suspension. It now comes with 19” Alloy wheels which will look much better on a car with my colour of choice(Red). I can also add the factory option for the Brembo brake upgrade and the rear wing spoiler in lieu of the lip spoiler.

Last year Holden locked in their last order for V8’s. So production numbers to the end in October are set. I’d read that the V8’s are selling like hotcakes despite the higher price tag. To further combat this Holden has told dealers to stop discounting on V8’s and also told dealers of their remaining allocation of V8’s.

I tried my local Holden dealer. He was allocated only six V8 cars. None of them were SS auto’s. So I tried going via my novated lease company. The consultant advised me to get in fast. She was expecting the order book to close by April. So I printed off my build sheet(from the Holden web site) and sent that to her to get the best price from their dealer network.

I started to get worried when I didn’t hear back from them. So I rang. She told me that they were struggling to find a dealer that had any stock left (unallocated) or that would honour the RRP prices. Apparently the Holden build doesn’t quote enough for on road costs in Victoria. After a lot of sweating on my part, I was able to lock in the exact car I wanted at the retail price quoted on Holden’s site. The consultant told me that the dealer principle was allocated forty V8’s and had only six left. I got one of the six.

So if you were like me, wanting one of the last V8’s, particularly if you want some factory options you need to ring around the dealers ASAP! The order books are almost full.

So did you get one of the last and can anyone tell me where I can access the final production number of the Calais V8?

koalasprint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS MY17
Yes I did, Aug 20017 build. Try Holden customer care regarding the Calais production numbers, but expect to wait a few weeks. Holden sent me a couple of pictures of the car on the production line.

Attachments

• DKHJDMF27_C3.jpg
    DKHJDMF27_C3.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 419
  • DSC_0552.jpg
    DSC_0552.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 405

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
That's lovely. Well done. Enjoy.

RedlineCaleb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline
I got my brand new red hot Redline a few weeks ago and it was manufactured in October 2017 with 9kms on it so it was one of the last ones built since Holden ended them in October. It was definitely hard to find brand new and hard to find one with a factory wing spoiler but I was able to get all the great factory options already on it. A Redline is definitely a lot better than the SS and how can you not love black wheels? They look far better than any other type of wheel, the brembo brakes are awesome and the FE3 sports suspension is amazing. Also the leather seats are like bucket seats almost and hug you so well its extremely comfortable compared to the normal seats, also the sport steering wheel is great but I think the normal SS's get them too anyway, but its good you were able to get one of the last ones too mate and you chose a great colour ;)

Going to get the Walkinshaw w375 pack in a few months too cause it sounds amazing and its not too expensive