Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want to buy a VZ SVZ Wagon

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
I want to buy a vz svz wagon and have it converted to gas, has anyone put an aftermarket gas conversion on a vz? can you tell me what make it is and if its a mixer system or efi. I have a vx now that was fitted with an efi system fitted by Gas power australia and ive nothing but problems with it. So any recommendations for fitters in Perth will be gratefully received.

dualfuelcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2007
Hi,

We converted a VZ Acclaim wagon two months ago (VIC). A Tatorini system (Melb company manufacturer). Was $5K with $2k rebate. Excellent, we are very happy. Tatorini has a website (might be spelled wrong...) and will recommend installers in your area. It always starts in petrol and switches to gas after engine warmed, a km or so. Can switch back and forth while driving. No noticeable loss of power. Hubby knows more, hope this helps. Cheers,

neobristol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
I think your thinking of a Tartorlini system, Ive heard good things about that type, I have the Easyjet EFI MPI system on my vx and 2 years on and countless dollars spent diagnosing the issue i have with it, Ive given up, the people that fitted it hve basically washed their hands of it. Dont get me wrong my car has never broken down but its always had a hesitation, and a continual hiccup at 80km/ h having had countless test it was found that it was not an electrical mis-fire but an interruption in the fuel supply on the gas side of things but no one has ever been able to find out whats causing the issue.

But if you could recommend fitters in wa that'd be good, so long as its not Gas Power Australia!!

dualfuelcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2007
Hi
the kit that we bought was supplied by Global Autogas in Melbourne.
Global Autogas Supplies Check out their website for possible installers in WA.

The kit is based on Tartarini parts and cost about $3000 after rebate. We have driven the wagon about 6000km after the conversion was done. So far, the system has performed perfectly. My husband thinks it's the 'cats meow' and comes back all excited after 'filling up' the car for less than $20! We tend to get about 440 km to a 50 liter fill of LPG but this also includes a small amount of petrol since the engine always starts using petrol. I love that the car changes to LPG automatically - nothing to worry about except driving! All up, we are very happy that we did this LPG conversion. Heard that the government might scrap the rebate? If so, it really would make these conversion far to expensive for a retrofit on a second hand car.

Cheers,