Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want to get an exhaust for my VX Acclaim but I'm not sure which to choose

Jkrz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
As stated above I have a VX Acclaim which has had no previous modifications (completely stock) and I want to get an exhaust system installed. I want a nice rumbling sound but I don't want any droning or idle noise. I just want the sound on acceleration. I was thinking about getting a 2.5 catback but I'm not sure whether to get lukey or redback. Is there any way to get the sound I want without droning or idle noise? What system would you recommend for me? And what is the price range?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
PM Not_an_abba fan on this forum, he does Manta systems that get shipped directly to your door.

They are by far the nicest sounding system for the V6....(don't go redback or lukey, just don't.)

If you want a good note get the catback with a front muffler, rear resonator, this will be a little more expensive than a single muffler catback but will give a good note and no drone.

I bought a 2.5" catback with just the front muffler for around $250 from NAAF if that gives you any help price wise...not sure on cost with a rear though.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, as above. I do Manta because they are one of the nicest exhausts on the V6.

It sounds like you would need the cat back with front muffler and rear resonator. Nice and deep, no drone, and sounds good when you get up it. $295 shipped.