Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

want to upgrade to a better manual for my vn v6

mitchb727

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn lsa manual
borg warner box is about to **** its self what other box fit behind the vn v6 its a series one motor

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
There's some cheap rebuild kits selling in the us. I was going to buy one and a how to rebuild gearboxes book. This kit says it will be stronger and handle more torque. T5 aren't all that bad it's just hard to find one that doesn't have 300,000kms worth of clutch dumping on it haha.

I can try and chase down that link if you want?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Go to the wreckers and grab another box. At the end of the day it's only a VN V6 hardly worth a big dollar box.

mitchb727

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn lsa manual
wazza vn link would be great rebuild is easy :)

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Borg Warner T5 & T5 World Class Rebuild Kits | BW T5 Speed Manual Transmission Kits and Parts - Drivetrain.com

I can't find the original site I was looking at!! Here's a site that does overhaul kits for 150 though that I found. You might want to check if they post to aus. The other site did. Your serial number should start with 1352 and the components should match the 1352 kits. Might want to double check though. If it for a t5 world series or whatever it might be different. I also think the world series or world class or whatever it's called was rated for more torque so if you rebuild it with these parts it might make it stronger!

I'll have another look for the original link I was talking about when I get home.

If anybody knows which kits work and which don't please say so. I'm not 100% sure lol!

mitchb727

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn lsa manual
How do you tell if world class or not

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
If it has the ID tag on the box you can search the number, there are a number of lists online that refrence the number against aplication.

Another way to tell is from the outside casting

If you box has the circled pin it is a WC box if not it is a Non-WC box

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
every commodore T5 from vn upwards is worldclass

codwalop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT/APV, VP V6 Turbo
there's some inexpensive options to fix some of the key problems with the t5 box, but they will always require some sympathy, especially on the gear change itself. some people have got t5's running behind some decent power and have for quite a while.

converting to any other box is seriously expensive - if you do want an upgrade you could run a tko box without any serious modifications but it's still not a cheap option.