Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want to upgrade VE sound system - but will it whine?

Drumo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi all.

I know there's a ton of threads out there about alternator whine in amped systems, but I wanted some more direct information. Got a VE SV6 (MY09 so no iQ) - Has anyone figured out why the bloody things whine when systems with amps are involved? And can anyone recommend an installer in western sydney/sydney metro that can install a system that doesn't sound like someone is strangling a cat?

Cheers.
Drumo

MayhemOfHell

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WL Caprice V8 LS1
Any decent set up should have everything grounded correctly in a gound loop.. Mp3Car - Ground Loop Troubleshooting Guide

All noise should be gone when this is done correctly or the items used in the install are of bad quality/faulty.

Try to ground everything to a single point if possible, make sure the chassis bolt has good contact to the body and not paint, Make sure the cables are not running signal ones next to power, so power drivers side and audio passengers or which ever.. But few basic rules should stop it happening and if a trouble device try a Isolator

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Bit late, but if you haven't sorted it out yet, I have heard nothing but good things about the fellas at FHRX studios, tons of experience and knowledge and Marty is a great bloke (has sent me free fuses etc. when I have needed them).

Head there if you want top notch quality and customer service.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Not only Marty, but Paul and the other installers go above and beyond for customer service and install quality. Stolen from Facebook, a friend of mine is having is high end SQ install done by them.. There is hours of work alone in creating the jigs, framework etc just to have the angles perfect down to the millimeter. Very rare these days
546026_10151045479687399_47358965_n.jpg