Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanted, a temporary small car

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
May I humbly suggest you have a bit of fun with your five grand, and have change to spare?
Here's what we did for $4500...our "fun car", fully restored 1957 Morris Minor, with Marina disk brakes. handles better than you expect actually...they have a stiff little body shell and half-decent suspension and weigh bugger all (we're talking something like only 770kg's here...:eek: ), so small engine mods, even to the original and tough 1000cc BMC A-series motor, give big results. Whip off the head, go to a local engne shop, have them seat the valves and shave 40 thou off it, and put a sports air cleaner on the standard SU carb, and believe me, you'll notice a huge difference.
Morris1957.jpg

I garantee you will be smiling every time you drive it, the damn thing has the fuel economy of a motorbike, and like an Energiser battery, they just keep going, and going, and going...:thumbsup:

Not to mention the fun to be had stuffing them full of a hidden stereo and subs, which people really don't expect when you pop the bootlid...:yeah:

Go on...do it, you know you wanna...you'll get a laugh as well as having something which will not only be able to be sold (if you really must after the year) for as much if not more than you bought it for, and which will get more attention than a Hyundai... :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
Sigma sounds like a good option.

a common trick up with the sigmas is to drop a 351 cleveland in them ...

you'd mince just about anything on the road with that .. and coudl do it for $5000
shame it'd drive like a pig with such a heavy front.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Get a beetle, run off an oily rag, cheap to fix, and they never stop. Mine Chirps second with enough persuasion haha

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Cheers for the suggestions people.. I'm just after a no nonsense 4 cylinder car, I couldn't give a flying f*ck about power for now. In fact, I'd probably prefer no power..

A bike sounds like a good idea.. But I might go for a crappy excel or something..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
The neighbour has a small 4 cyclinder car parked in the paddock across the road from me. I think he is asking about $600 for it. Exterior looks to be in good condition, but I don't know about the engine and interior. Don't know if it has rego or not either. I get some pics and details for you.

Cheers
Holdensupporter2005 :thumbsup:

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
Don't make me come over there and spank you..

bahahahahaha, what ya gonna walk here. or zoom over in a little buzz box come on man, your gonna be soooo cute in a tiny car awww i can see you now

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
bahahahahaha, what ya gonna walk here. or zoom over in a little buzz box come on man, your gonna be soooo cute in a tiny car awww i can see you now

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Awww come on... thats not very nice... it makes sense these days to have a smaller car and dude has a good reason for one... not me though... I love my VY!! :)