Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanted Vl clutch pedal or anything from another car I can modify to fit

VECom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi,
I'm looking for a clutch pedal for my VL, but found they're not that easy to find. Is there a pedal from another car that I could modify to fit?

I'm fine with do mods if need, e.g. changing pivot height and pin, just need a pedal with similar shape.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Greg

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
You should be able to fit any 1st gen clutch pedal. Does not need to specifically be from a VL.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi,
I'm looking for a clutch pedal for my VL, but found they're not that easy to find. Is there a pedal from another car that I could modify to fit?

I'm fine with do mods if need, e.g. changing pivot height and pin, just need a pedal with similar shape.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Greg
Try Exeter Wreckers, they had a VL in there. They normally get you to remove but may remove and ship to Hobs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There is also Rodney Hyland at Wynyard he could have one. Or Foster St Auto Wreckers they used to have VLs and still have parts on the shelf.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
extend a 6 cylinder pedal? theres a picture on here somewhere, of another member doing it I remember copying it about 10 years ago .

VECom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Could you be more specific...

There is v8 cable for t5 then iirc there is hydraulic setup for 6cyl vl also used for getrag or t56 etc conversions.

First option for vb-k cable setups not impossible to find just cost money on mainland...most up here just get 6cyl & exchange through dellows for v8 version or may even buy them outright...hydraulic setups can also be bought aftermarket through mal woods if can't find factory vl item through scumtree or marketplace.

Not sure on specifics but heard vl firewall or something with pedal box setups are slightly different but fark knows tbh maybe vn-s setup will work too.

Open up that wallet & feel the pain if really keen to get parts you want!!!!

VECom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Sorry I didn't realise there were differences. I'm after 6 cyl hydraulic clutch pedal.

Yes there will be plenty of pain needed, just like chasing a good deal so there's more money left for the good stuff.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes there will be plenty of pain needed, just like chasing a good deal so there's more money left for the good stuff.

Good luck, two of the wreckers I mentioned will ask a mint for one, if you want a good deal going to have to go private.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep fb marketplace or scumtree...think was 6cyl setup over here on marketplace last week or so.

If really get desperate look at mal woods aftermarket pedal box then weep.