Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] WANTED: Vn v6 auto to manual Flywheel OR adapter

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
azzfox how long ago was that price for the flywheel cos i think they have gone up to nearly 600 like bzkn33z said..

Less than a month ago I bought mine. Flywheels from CRS are about $600. Then I came across the other lot which had them for $395 with everything included so it was the clear winner. Theyre located in Vic too, unlike CRS. Was too easy to just go pick it up.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
where is this place your are talking about. and CRS (castlemaine rod shop) is in castlemaine, victoria. anyway.. 200 cheaper is better..
your car being a series 2 is different to a series 1 pattern. do you know if they do series 1 auto to manual flywheels..

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Check that link I posted. Scroll down to flywheels.

MFK1247SI FLYWHEEL V6 VN - AUTO
Commodore series 1, VN Flywheel, spigot bush, special bush fitting tool, clutch dowels, clutch bolts, crankshaft bolts, flex plate bolts and instructions.

They are located in Dandenong South and go by the name of Marks 4WD Adaptors. Luckily commodore V6's are a common 4WD conversion :).

Ha, so Castlemaine is in Vic. I always thought it was in NSW :p

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
thanks for that. i might look into it if i don't get this adapter.
i would have thought someone would have an old flywheel there weren't using. but i must have been wrong..

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i got out bid on that adapter. so still if anyone knows of a second hand flywheel that would be great..

BaNdAAAid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i got out bid on that adapter. so still if anyone knows of a second hand flywheel that would be great..

I have one I didnt get around to using - still brand new. Have the adapter you need plus also have the spigot and bolts as well. $200 for the lot plus postage. Can include the special tool as well to fit the bolts.

All brand new from the Castlemaine Rod Shop originally just got rid of the car before I got to do the conversion

Cheers Adam