Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] WANTED: Vn v6 auto to manual Flywheel OR adapter

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I am after a vn v6 seriea 1 flywheel to suit an auto motor. i take it Castlemaine rod shop are they only ones who make them, but i was after a secondhand one to save a few $$$ as i am short of cash..
if anyone has one for sale please let me know.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
so you got that engine then mate

MADVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
hey mate how many holes in the back ov crank ??? to bolt the fly wheel on

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
6 bolts.. the auto pattern not the manual pattern. i have bought an engine but it is an auto pattern and i want to convert it to manual.. which has been done plenty of times

MADVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
yeh i have the manual fly wheel with 6 bolt holes out of serieas 1

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
is it a series 1 manual flywheel. or a series 1 flywheel with an auto pattern??? ya can send me a measurement of the holes from centre to centre if ya want

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
you will need the adaptor still, unless that guy has a custom made flywheel from CRS and they are about $600, adaptor is $336 or so, auto and manual are both 6bolt cranks but manual is spread apart wider and auto are closer. good luck with your search.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
sorry to double post but there is one on ebay for $300 and for an extra 40 you get a flywheel aswell. still abit pricey he said he picked it up for $380 but i think thats a lie i got mine for $336ish

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Holden V6 Parts

They make a flywheel to suit the S1 auto crank. $395 with all new bolts and spigot bush. The only difference is the flex plate gets bolted to the back of it for the ring gear. I bought one of those kits but for S2 and it all bolted up no probs. Had to cut a small section out of the inspection plate though because it rubbed on the inside of the flex plate. :) Still, not a bad price considering I saw a used S2 flywheel go for $355 on ebay...

I also have a flywheel laying around to suit S1 manual.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i have two s1 manual flywheels here now. i have seen the adapter on ebay. i saw that before i posted this.. i was just hoping someone might have one sitting around doing nothing the wanted to get rid of.
i do know the difference between them both. never really seen many auto pattern flywheels for sale on ebay so i thought i would try here..
i did have a feeling another company other than castlemaine rod shop made flywheels but i may be thinking of something else..
azzfox how long ago was that price for the flywheel cos i think they have gone up to nearly 600 like bzkn33z said..