Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] wanted: vs or vu ute - melbourne

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
ITEM: vs or if cost permits a vu ute

ENGINE: 6 cyl

PRICE: under 10k

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: probably drive an hour if its good

CONTACT DETAILS: Email, PM, thread

OTHER INFO: I'm looking for a clean ute, most likely VS but if theres a VU in price range then possibly that. Auto or manual i really don't care.
black would be nice but not really an issue :) only a V6, and nothing more than low 200k's.
Not to far from 3136 hopefully! and strictly a 2 seater, i dont want a column!
show me what you or anyone you know has got!

cheers guys!

Last edited:

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Just to let you know, there's a few VU/VY utes going for around $8000-$9000 on carsales under holden - Utes. And on ebay. Auto's though ofcourse.

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Yeah cheers mate i check there like every day :) none really are to good or are too far from home.
Found a vs at carcity but its 10k! what a joke. may go and check it out and offer alot lower price ;)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
mate im lookin for a VS ute and the 10k figure is wat ur going to pay for a good one (5lt of corse)

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Jake, VS V6 manual ute's still go for anywhere in between $7 - $11k these days. Ute's hold their value well, particularly manual ones, and particularly those in good nick.

Not often being sold either, I haven't come across one worth a second look for a while. Also a tip, don't limit yourself to such a small radius around Croydon. Limit yourself within reason to within the state.

I bought mine from Bendigo, caught the V/Line train and picked it up (luckily the guy was visiting a relative in Ringwood so he bypassed my place on the way down for me to look at it and test drive it)

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...matchany&Nne=15&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&D=VS

median price is around $7k....and I don't think you'll get one with under 200 on the clock for under that.

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Jecs- Bit luckier for me having to get a v6 so thats a little but less cost :) 5L would be mean though

Hamish- yeah i dont care if i get a manual or an auto these days, i just want a ute! and to both of you i know its crazy that 10-15 year old commodores can still cost that much but believe me i've checked some out for 7-8k that have been ****.

I just cant really get too far either as im only 17. Have done some hour+ trips with dad but he's not too keen and doesn't really want me to get a ute anyway. I'm always on the lookout on the net, i just thought I'd see if anyone on here was thinking to sell as there's heaps on here.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Ah that's why you can't get it. Well I'll tell you now, it's going to be too hard to get your local. All my cars have been 2 hours + away. Just seems to be the way it is.

I wouldn't pay anymore than $6000 for a VS ute though, I see a fair few for $6000 in decent condition but as you say it's not local.

Jo3_Blo

HZ Holden Fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
WB 1 Tonner, VS Ute
I know the feeling mate. It's so bloody hard trying to find a nice ute these days, and when you do find a good one it's either too far away, too pricey, or gets sold before you get a chance to inspect it. FARRKKK. :S