Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting audio guys opinions

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Hey guys,

I'm pretty newbie when it comes to audio. I can install them at a very basic level but that's about it. Anyway, my question is that I am looking into buying an amp to make my system louder/clearer. I have Pioneer 6"'s in all doors rated to 180w or 30wrms. The 4ch amp I'm looking at (PIONEER GM-6400F 4 CH BRIDGEABLE MOSFET CAR AMPLIFIER (eBay item 270692822627 end time 16-Mar-11 03:56:16 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats) outputs 60wrms per channel.

I looked around and found some nice looking alpine speakers rated to 80wrms. So, should I:

1: stick with 30wrms pioneers and try not to blow with the 4ch 60wrms amp
2: buy the 80wrms alpines for the front and amp all 4 speakers up with the 4ch amp
3: buy the 80wrms alpines for the front and only buy a 2ch amp
4: buy the 80wrms alpines for the front, amp them up with the 4ch, then leave the other 2 channels spare for a sub later on and not amp the rear door speakers.

If I can, I will try and save as much money as possible, but that includes not wanting to have to replace blown speakers. What would the chances of blowing them be? Would I be able to notice the speaker being over powered due to distortion, etc?

Thanks for any help here guys. Any valid opinion will be taken in.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I'd just get the amp, then if you're not happy with the sound you can upgrade the speakers later.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
ah ok. That really makes things easier. So simple I feel I should have known :p. Thanks heaps for the help guys. Link was great.