Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting more noise from V6 VZ AUTO. (05)

natesVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
sup.

currently on red P. (VIC)

wanting more noise out of my exhaust and all to give it a pleasing note. you guys get me...

just wondering what systems you guys recommend and may have got experience with. :)

Looking for food for thought. Links and stuff would go nicely with explanations so i can go back to things!

Thanks for your time!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Food for thought; the louder an alloytec is, the worse is sounds.

Get a quieter system but that flows better so you get more performance rather than more fart sounds.

natesVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
Thanks, but im not really looking for power too much because of my P restriction. But I would like a decent sound. Any systems you could recommend?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
... P plate restrictions apply to ANY modification... so any aftermarket exhaust you put on is technically illegal. Just with a louder one you are more likely to be defected than with a quieter one.

Most exhaust for a 6 sound the same, my only advice is don't go a twin, a single 2.5 will do the job and sound better than a twin 2 1/4 or bigger.

Good luck.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Yuk I hate the sound of a single 2.5. I would go twin 2 1/4 with standard headers and cats, as soon as you do them the alloytec note gets raspy

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Take out every single muffler and replace it with straight pipe. Guaranteed to be loud and sound like an elephant with diarrhea.