Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting more power in my vy sv6 s pac sedan.

Vys.pac

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy sv6
Currently lowered on ssl in the front and sssl in the rear. No real engine work done.
Suspension
New coils, leads etc
3 inch Cat back exhaust
Looking at getting extractors, cold air. Anything else besides chips and tunes?
Just wondering what else I can look at doing? Don’t wanna spend crazy money as still an apprentice

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s where it ends.
When you are trade certified, get a trailer and fill it with money to get more power.

Then unload it.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just save your money to pay for the traffic fines, licence suspensions, and crash repairs until you are a little older (and have more sense). To start off with, a 3" exhaust is wasted on a V6 and they sound like **** anyway. Invest your money on a driving course and really learn how to drive and avoid the dangers on the roads.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What you propose is around $3k or more. Finding a Delco tuner that will be a challenge. Talk to Tony's Turbo Garage. All other performance mods will cost a stack for minimal improvement. I've been there, done that. I probably sunk $5k into a V6 build and ended up with about 140kw at the wheels. A stock 304 had about the same. I was getting it ready for boost. Beware modding a V6 is a slippery slope and will cost a fortune to get decent gains. It will probably be cheaper in the long run to save your money and buy a factory V8. If you're still wanting to build a V6 allow $10k as a minimum because that's a starting point to have anything decent.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
crazy money as still an apprentice

And thats what you will be doing,
Nothing is cheap, and it will cost you “crazy money as still an apprentice”

What sort of apprentice?,

Unless you are an apprentice mechanic and understand the logistics behind engines, (ICE)
The people you choose to mod your car will take you for a ride, in your car at you expense.
They will throw a lot of parts at it, and say they are good for you, and send you on your way, while they will count the dollars they have milked you of,
as mentioned above, exhausts on V6 sound like wet farts, and you become another statistic, because you are going to put your foot down the hear your car fart, and attract attention from the red and blue fun police.

In a nut shell, save your money for a nice car,
not a “wankcar”.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Spend your excess money on joining a proper car club and learn to drive properly.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d say you’ll learn more or as much about the car doing maintenance and restoring parts of the car.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Currently lowered on ssl in the front and sssl in the rear. No real engine work done.
Suspension
New coils, leads etc
3 inch Cat back exhaust
Looking at getting extractors, cold air. Anything else besides chips and tunes?
Just wondering what else I can look at doing? Don’t wanna spend crazy money as still an apprentice
Maybe a cold air intake and throttle controller, but that's as far as I'd go for a stock V6 driven by a P-Plater...

Also maybe a nice set of wheels won't hurt the car... Make sure to keep the stock parts for when it comes time to sell, as you'll be able to get better resale value...