Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wanting to buy white headlights..

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
which would be the best sort in your opinion in terms of brand and affordability (around $100 budget)

and where would you buy them from?

thanks

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
I have heard good things about Narva H3 bulbs i think they are.

Gives that whitish/bluish tinge im guessing you want?

They are roughly $50 i think, then get parkers and high beams to match.

Next step up is a full xenon conversion but that's much more costly and also not legal technically

Philips are also a good brand for the bulbs, but you should know that for actual effectiveness, yellow bulbs will supply more light at night than white/blue. but don't look nearly as cool :p

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
i got a set from supercheap. good brand at a better price than auto barn and they work well. best of all they havnt got a blue plastic tube on them.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
You have a few choices for clearer vision.
There is ofcouse things like H3 globes. Artic Blue is good, makes seeing things much easier. You can also get phillips diamond vision I believe it is called. Compared to the blues it is very good.
The step up from that is HID kits; there is alot out there on the market a cheap but decent quality set are also made by phillips, they are normally sold in Jaycar for around the $150 mark.
I will point out that HIDs can be completely legal if you have the 'auto-dimming' feature. Personally I haven't tried looking for it nor do I care, if you are going HIDs you are doing it because you want to see and be seen. In the HID area you can also get different colours. I used to run 'Dark Blue' HIDs on all my lights.

I know that doesn't completely answer your question. But if your just after seeing better then the normal 'whites' aren't always the best bet.

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
thankyou for that!
yes i was looking for HID and i will have a look through jaycar as i can afford $150 and i'd rather go for quality..

cheers for that

do you have any pictures of your lights on with the "dark blue" hids?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
If you ask me, an HID kit is a waste of money.

Buy a pair of white H7 globes off eBay (don't worry if they come Hong Kong), and a pair of white LED T10 park lights. This will give you the cool white look you're after and will only cost you about $25 all up. I've had my headlight globes for over a year and so far, no blown bulbs. Plus they came from Hong Kong.

The T10 LEDs look great when you change your number plate lights for a pair.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
Im afraid I dont have any pictures of it anymore since they were all on my old phone. The Dark Blue gave just above normal yellow bulbs in brightness but made everything look very blue. Worth it for street meets at most but wouldnt use it for everyday driving.
\