Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting to know spec's on my VR Ute

Raydo69

Reaction score
Website
holdenhome.iforums.us
Members Ride
VR Ute 11
I have a VR Ute a 1994 October built the paper work say's it is a series 2 but on the tail gate it say's series 3 and an S model as well, Is there a way with the chassis number and built number to find out if it is a series 2 or series 3 ?

Any help would be appreciated guys !

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
No such thing as a series 3 VR only VS had series 3.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Probably was in a crash or the original tailgate had rust so it was replaced with a VS S3 S pak ute tailgate.

As pjdm1980 said, there is no VR series 3. Only S1, which came out mid/late 93, and S2 which came out mid 94.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
or some 1 just stuck an sPAC badge on it( seen plenty of non spac cars that aint spac)not sure why? or as BIZMARK said was rusted out or in a prang
Probably was in a crash or the original tailgate had rust so it was replaced with a VS S3 S pak ute tailgate.

As pjdm1980 said, there is no VR series 3. Only S1, which came out mid/late 93, and S2 which came out mid 94.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I have a VR Ute a 1994 October built the paper work say's it is a series 2 but on the tail gate it say's series 3 and an S model as well, Is there a way with the chassis number and built number to find out if it is a series 2 or series 3 ?

Any help would be appreciated guys !

Hey mate do a VIN check on the following site:
VR Commodore VIN Decoder - VLTurbo.com

That will tell you most info

Raydo69

Reaction score
Website
holdenhome.iforums.us
Members Ride
VR Ute 11
Thanks guys for your help i am thinking you are right with it been in crash or was just rusted out, I am looking into the Vin right now and it say's just that it is HOLDEN COMMODORE UTILITY WHITE lol but again thanks for the help, It is not like i am going to keep it stock but i want to keep the right badges on it, Do any of you know if it is an easy job pulling out the dash as i want to fix the lighter as it rattles around ?