Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wanting to put better interior swap

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I have a vr ute and i just bought some vt ss seats which are sooooo much better than these shitty stock vr seats.
i also have a cracked drivers door trim, broken drivers window winder and drivers side mirror interior plastic broken, so i need to grab a few bits to fix the interior up anyway.
I can not stand window winders and always had electric windows in all my cars so looking to upgrade to elec windows.
also the side mirrors are the interior handle style not elec which i would prefer the elec ones.
i would also like to get some better door trims than the stock ones to replace my broken ones so i thought maybe i should hit up a wrecker or someone wrecking there damaged calais, acclaim, ss, statesmen or something.
but i want to know exactly what i would need to get it all running and what bits are different.

after these bits

electric windows and door trims to suit plus switched on the console and looms
electric side mirros plus looms and switched to suit.

just need some more info one what else ill need to get these things working in my car, are there plug in looms already in the standard loom ready for elec windows and mirrors or where they only on the special models?

any help from someone who has done this before would be awesome.

also would i be better off buying a wrecked calais or what ever, taking the bits i need and selling the rest of the car?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I know for a fact you will need a mid-hi Body Control Module for the power windows which means new keys heads.

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
can you explain that a little more detail please?

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey mate a have a vs accliam and i put electric windows in my car and all i did was put in the regulators. im pretty sure the door loom have the electric window reg wiring in there from standard.. in the way of seats all front seats from a vs will bolt straight in aswell as vr
so any vr or vs front seats will bolt in even a statman seat will fit

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
na all good i got vt seats with modified rails to fit vr vs ute.
so is that only the accliam that has the looms already there or would it be all commodores that have the loom there.
so all i really need to buy is the reg/motors and the switches and it will all plug up to factory spare plugs and work fine is this right?