Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

War between Hezbollah and Israel

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Jul 23, 2006.

1. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    Wondering what peoples thoughts are on this war?

I myself am wondering why australia, us and britian aren't stepping in. Hezbollah is a known terrorist group who actually state in the policy that they will not stop until israel is destroyed, they also oppose the west. I fail to understand why lebanese people are supporting the actions taken against israel, yet do not (openly) support hezbollah. I think people are forgetting that hezbollah started this latest conflict and personally i hope someone destroys the other, this **** fight has been happening for far too long.

Come on US, UK and Aust. we know there isn't oil there, but there is terrorists, lets get our troops there and sort these people out.

2. Lumps of cheese

Lumps of cheese welcome to the machine

Members Ride:
    83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
    I agree something should be done, but this is just another chapter of violence that has been going on for centuries in the middle east.
    Sadly i think there will always be fighting as long as there are extremists and goverments run by terroist networks, finding a way to break the cycle will be difficult.

3. VZSV6

VZSV6 Guest

this is not the place to discuss this crap. leave for home or the politicians.

4. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
    dont wanna read it, dont click the thread.

unless it gets out of hand or a mod deletes/closes it, its fine.

let em talk.

5. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    Actually it is the place, it has nothing to do with politcs, it has to do with people discussing how they feel.

This is a general forum.

6. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    I agree. The people voted in hezbollah, and now the same people are crying about how israel is killing innocent people etc. Unfortunatly these people that voted in a party whose beliefs are that of destroying israel are now crying for help and saying it is israels fault. Sorry but Hezbollah started this conflict when they kidnapped to outpost soldiers. It is plain stupidty on a community to vote in a known terrorist organisation. Surely people knew that these small armed terrorists would be no match for a country with a full arms arsenal.

7. pandaman

pandaman Aussie Muscle Fan

Members Ride:
    VN Berlina 5.0 A4
    I reckon that at the very least Britain has a responsibility to take an active role in sorting this crap out. They were the geniuses who, back in the late 40's decided that the jewish state should be relocated in the area around jerusalem. Hmmmm, marvellous idea that, take a bunch of people who've just been through a major bout of ethnic cleansing at the hands of a nation gone mad and chuck em in an area where they're surrounded by their traditional enemies! MARVELLOUS IDEA yeah?

Anyway they should "get Syria to tell Hezbollah to stop doing this ****". It's the most intelligent thing Bush has ever said in my opinion, The governments in Syria and Iran gives massive amounts of financial and material support to Hezbollah and Hamas. If they stopped doing that then these extremists groups would be living in interesting times.

The Israeli's scare the bejeezus outta me, it's like they've got a military on/off switch. With those guys it's either all or nothing when they go to war they don't stuff around, they just blow up everything of strategic importance be it civilian or not. If they don't get what they want they WILL turn their enemies lands into a smoking crater and thats not good news for anyone.

All in all I wish they'd all stop doing this ****, it's just plain childish really.

8. Lumps of cheese

Lumps of cheese welcome to the machine

Members Ride:
    83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
    That's a good point right there, Iran in particular has made no effort to hide the fact they're supplying weapons to these people.

9. Jimboss

Jimboss New Member

What you say is very true, however the US needs to take just as much responsibility as Syria and Iran, as the US is the one who funds Isreal, to the tune of 3 or 4 billion a year in 'foreign aid'.

The western countries have effectively funded all the military action, so in my opinion, they are the ones who need to go in and sort it out. I do understand that that will never happen, as US loves Isreal, and will never hold them accountable for anything, so there will never be a solution to the problem.

10. crazyspoon05

crazyspoon05 Penguin Whisperer

Members Ride:
    VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
    I agree some outside force needs to get in there but unfortunately the US only seems interested in gaining control of Middle East oil at the moment,,,

11. Outlaw Torn

Outlaw Torn New Member

Members Ride:
    91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
    i dont think there will be a pretty solution to it, either way, either the western nations go in and sort it out or the israelis sort it out themselves, either way theres a war situation. As long as there are conflicting religions there will always be strife in the mid east.

12. jules

jules we like the bun

Members Ride:
    pimpin
    in my view there is no right or wrong in this conflict, both sides hate eachother and have a long history of terrorism against eachother.

in the previous invasion of lebanon in 1981 or so, israel coopted its partners in that invasion, lebanese christian phalangists to rout the refugee camps of sabra and shatila, slaughtering 1000s of unarmed palestinians. the animal in charge of that was later elected prime minister of israel, ariel sharon. it shows what sort of depravity a nation of otherwise intelligent normal people will stoop to when traumatised in the way they have been.

the byproduct of israel's brutality in that invasion was, somewhat ironically, the creation of Hezbollah. there's a clue there for those who want israel to invade lebanon again in 2006.

the biggest crime in my view is nations who refuse to stop the fighting, by picking sides and cheering them on with their murderous behaviour. they include iran, syria, the US and sadly even australia.

the biggest joke is that the UN, one of the most useless organisations around have got it right by calling out both sides in this conflict for what they are, terrorists. no one listens to them though.

13. Garth

Garth Your guess is as good as mine...... Staff Member

Members Ride:
    100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
    by attatcking terroists' you dont get rid of them
    out with the old and in with the new is a saying that comes to mind.

weather we like it or not, the world is full of people who wish to do harm on other people, and it is a true sad fact of life that in this day and age the rules of war have changed. to get to people you kill other people, i.e. kill civilians. there is nothign pretty about war, it is far from a nice thing to see, take part in or even witness. but it does happen.

as a nation i feel it is in out best interest to keep out nose out of it.
    as a world i feel it's in our best interest to keep our nose out of it, if these 2 countrys wanna fight over something so stupid then let them. the united nations is a joke, what is the worst they can do, put on santions. wow,

i do not suport them, i do not sanction what they have done, nor will i condone it, to be totaly honest it's not my problem, and i will not be draged into a conflit at the birthplace of jesus. if they wanna blow each other up and hurt each other, than fine, go for it, it's not our problem

that is my 2 cents, it' not right nor wrong, it's my opinion
    cheers
    garth

14. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    Why should Australia get involved ? It has nothing to do with Australia... It's a golden opportunity for refugee terrorist's to hop planes to Au... Let see 90 foreign passengers in a Hercules @ 6 flights a day in Cypress...what if a few passengers are terriorst and slip through ???... it wouldn't be hard for them to overtake the plane or slip into other countries with all the havoc...

edit:: the last sentence was a bit harsh

15. Charg'd

Charg'd New Member

Members Ride:
    ford
    well said, i totally agree, especially the first sentence of this post

16. bangers

bangers New Member

Members Ride:
    EL FALCON XR6
    i think people need to butt out and leave them too it. it was israels land hundreds of years ago and they were forced out. hitler hunted them down and brought them all together and after the war they were given back some of their land. all the other countries want it back. tough biccies i say. GO ISRAEL do what you have to to protect yourselves. Israel has a fearsome military and if someone is dumb elough to attack them then face the consequences. you have to remember israel has been at war for 1000 years with their neighbouring countries and its only hyped now cos of the media, this really is nothing new.

17. VZCalZone

VZCalZone now choppin the VZ

Members Ride:
    vz calais, vx2 exec
    Agreed, Australia should stay out as we have a huge conflict of interest. Australia is full of Lebonese people and by allying with the USA we are pro Israel. Remember WW1 started when two small countries (Serbia and Austria me thinks) had a biff and everyone took sides untill the whole planet was consumed. Really I think the whole thing was devised by the CIA about 70 years ago and this stage is purely to create an excuse to go after Iran. (and its oil)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  18. jules

jules we like the bun

Members Ride:
    pimpin
    the primary motivation for the US's support of israel and it's consequent survival appears to be a curious belief by the very strong evangelist movement over there that helping return israel to its biblical inhabitants is god's will and for which assistance will be rewarded in the afterlife or when it brings about End Times or something. sounds crazy but they really believe it. similar wacky beliefs also led Dubya Bush to veto a common sense bill to fund stem cell research.

i find the americans nice enough people on the whole, but strange. not all of them believe this stuff of course.

19. pandaman

pandaman Aussie Muscle Fan

Members Ride:
    VN Berlina 5.0 A4
    Only 1000 years? I don't think you've quite got the whole picture man, this crap has been going on for a fair while longer than that. Far too long, as far as I'm concerned neither side is rational enough to be allowed to control the weaponry that they do.

20. Pub247

Pub247 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Ford Fairmont
    I think the whole is stuffed up because of religion i believe that most wars especially in the middle east are because of religion this sh*t been going on for over a 1000 years and all because of religion. I think garth is right in what he says by attacking terrorist you just make more terrorists and australia should out of all these american backed actions because they make australia more of a terrorist target.
    It amazing how much other countries contribute to terrorism like amercican suppling and training osama and basically al qaeda back in the 70's or whenever when afganistan was being invaded. We all know that america back isreal and it didn't suprise me when they gave them smart bombs. Some of the richest and most powerful people in america are jews and it no wonder why america plays big brother to Isreal.
    I don't have anything against other races and religions but sometimes i don't understand why they do the things they do. to me its all so pointless nothing to gain and so much to lose.
    I think hezbollah started it and deserve what they get but i think isreal going a bit overboard with their retaliation (what's new?). Why didn't they just go covert ops and get their men back instead of bombing a whole country.