Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warning Beeps when started

NaZdOg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPac
Hi Guys im only new to this forum and would like to request some help.
I recently brought a VT Commodore S Pac and am wondering why everytime i start the car after about 5 seconds it beeps 3 times at me than 3 times again. I have read the manual and there is no warning lights on at all when its beeping. I rang the dealer and he thinks that all VT's do this which i think is not right as my mum also has a VT this doesn't beep. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.
Cheers
NaZ

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
it shouldnt do that.

do the indicators flash as well cause if someone breaks into a vt/vx it will beep and flash lights.
i would assume your car isnt being broken in all the time so i would say its returning a faulty signal to the bcm....

straight from the book.
"If you wish to find out what set the alarm off, carefully watch the security light, located above the trip computer switches in the dash:
2 flashes = bonnet
3 flashes = boot
4 flashes = passenger door (front or rears)
5 flashes = drivers door
6 flashes = hot wire attempt"

if you have a alarm fitted then this post applies to your problem...if not i recommend you take it down to holden and see if any fault codes are appearing.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi Guys im only new to this forum and would like to request some help.
I recently brought a VT Commodore S Pac and am wondering why everytime i start the car after about 5 seconds it beeps 3 times at me than 3 times again. I have read the manual and there is no warning lights on at all when its beeping. I rang the dealer and he thinks that all VT's do this which i think is not right as my mum also has a VT this doesn't beep. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.
Cheers
NaZ

Sounds like the airbag warning chime. Does the airbag light come on with all the other warning lights when you turn on the ignitiont? If not you may have a blown globe. A chime is usually accompanied by a warning light.
The airbag light is the one under the power light.

Attachments

• 000_0229.jpg
    000_0229.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 4,324
Last edited:
V

vtcommylova

hiya i also have the same beeps when i turn on my ignition im not sure on why my VT does it also

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Is it a chime beep or the horn beep, if chime sounds like airbag or seatbelt tensioners

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
I would say its the air bag thats making the noise. Check the connectors to see if there loose

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Go take it to Holden and get them to hook it up to the Tech2.
Only way you'll find out what it is.

NaZdOg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPac
I have found that the Airbag Light doesn't seem to turn on at all when started as shown in dash light pic. I am thinking that the led behind it isn't working and that the warning is the Airbags. Does this usually mean they need a service?

NaZdOg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPac
heres the dash light pic

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,862