Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING for People Trying to Sell REDLINES.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It has come to my attention that when I was trying to buy a Redline up to 2015 but I expect this is also happening to any Redline to the latest 2017 Model that when you advertise them for sale anywhere and you have a good one with Low k's or other that appeals the Car Dealers they will hound you.
I had the unfortunate to meet two people that live 200k apart but they said the same story.
One case a guy that had a 2015 Redline for sale with only 8500 ks on the clock and when his wife said she was the part owner of the car and the dealer heard this at their doorsteps the dealer knowing this waited until her husband went to work (looks like afternoon shift and the dealers knew he was just about to go to work) and the dealer came back to put pressure on her to sell the car at his price.
The Dealer Said to her something like this that "Holden Redline with other Holden V8's will lose they value very soon because Holden is Shutting down and you will be stuck with a car that nobody wants".

Three weeks after this happened I spoke to the couple at their place and they told me this and I was shocked how a lowlife scumbag can do this to any person. They also said to me over the Phone later that the is Redline is not for sale anymore. Sad Because I said to them Give me a price that you are both comfortable with and I will buy it..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Well ... you have to be a fool to sell it for less than what it's worth...
I would be more than happy to be hounded by a dealer for my car...
A few months ago, Subaru offered me less than 30k trade in for my 2016 SS Black.
Politely told them to **** off...

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
plenty of greedy people out there
IMnmMrO.jpg

dW54Lco.jpg

dazbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Wouldn’t say greedy, would say smart. 80k is a nice little earner

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
car dealers are the original flippers, they buy low and sell high all the time. if you are dumb enough to panic sell that's your issue.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
car dealers are the original flippers, they buy low and sell high all the time. if you are dumb enough to panic sell that's your issue

Most sellers are aware of the tricks these days and addresses are easily checked on the net but years ago sellers would be contacted by an ‘interested buyer’ and asked to bring it to a particular address under the guise of having no transport to come and view it only to find out on arriving that the address was a car yard.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
car dealers are the original flippers, they buy low and sell high all the time. if you are dumb enough to panic sell that's your issue.
That's kinda why/how they exist ...