Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warning Lights

kellyboi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Hi Guys

I am having an Issue with my SII VY Calais, My Check engine warning is coming up on the LCD along with the ABS, SRS light, Trac Off, Pwr wont work, It says service error contact retailer, Rear light bulb out also came up, Temp Gauge also is not working and a X on the digital climate control. It started with only the ABS and check engine intermittently and now all of that is on. Do you guys have any idea the car is running fine as far as i am concerned.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Faulty ABS module probably. Check eBay for a reco one.

To check, unplug the ABS module, and see if some of the errors go out.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
oh yeah, that's classic ABS module.

to confirm disconnect the module and see if a bunch of the lights go out.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Yup def sounds like ABS module. If you scope the canbus system you will probably see it faulting. You can actually repair these if you know what your doing.

kellyboi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
Thanks lads! It seems to be the problem! Have unplugged it and a lot of the warnings have disappeared! Legends.

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Kellyboi92.

I have had similar problems like you are having. I believe mine to be a dodgy ABS Module also....
My Biggest issue is my High Idle when TRAC OFF automatically Appears. I think this is also linked to the abs Module as well (i have never seen ABS light on). I also had a "X" on the climate control panel once too (ac would not work) & TPS LOW Voltage issue. I had this checked over with a scan tool to read and clear codes, and the Module threw a code up for ABS of some sort, must have been something to do with the Trac/tps. Also the TPS threw a Low Voltage code. These codes were in the system before i bought the car.

Is the TRAC linked to the ABS and the TPS linked to the IAC?

In mine what happens is: TRAC OFF appears (either module or TPS bad?), high idle & running rough. What does the TPS do? does the TPS only tell the computer where the Butterfly is and Computer then talks to IAC to open or close the IAC..... or is TPS linked to ABS as well somehow?

Have you had these problems too? Sorry to Half Jack your thread.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Kellyboi92.

I have had similar problems like you are having. I believe mine to be a dodgy ABS Module also....
My Biggest issue is my High Idle when TRAC OFF automatically Appears. I think this is also linked to the abs Module as well (i have never seen ABS light on). I also had a "X" on the climate control panel once too (ac would not work) & TPS LOW Voltage issue. I had this checked over with a scan tool to read and clear codes, and the Module threw a code up for ABS of some sort, must have been something to do with the Trac/tps. Also the TPS threw a Low Voltage code. These codes were in the system before i bought the car.

In mine what happens is: TRAC OFF appears (either module or TPS bad?), high idle & running rough. What does the TPS do? does the TPS only tell the computer where the Butterfly is and Computer then talks to IAC to open or close the IAC..... or is TPS linked to ABS as well somehow?

faulty modules confuse the bejeebus out of the system and it will throw all kinds of random warning lights up and stop various systems - Bosch junk!!!

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Thanks mpower.
really don't want to replace this Module and still find out that sh** is still happening. And Y the f*** would someone put a sticker on the underside of the module when you cant read the number when attached to vehicle. Then ya have to spend more money to get it calibrated at a holden stealership. GRRRRR

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Kellyboi92.

Usually when you see low voltage codes its because of a flat battery etc. Yes TPS is just that. Once throttle is off IAC kicks in. The traction control on these models is as useful as a kick in the nuts.