Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Need a dislike button for that one. :(

I hope there wasn't too much other damage?

I have heard of one in an LS3 breaking as the new owner left the dealership and I have heard of an LSA breaking while moving it around at HSV during assembly. (From one of my Walkinshaw engineering contacts.)

Mine broke driving home from picking it up from the dealership. Only broke the Rocker. Valve remained closed after rocker broke. Now I've heard because the dealer didn't wait for the replacement part number this car might need rockers replacing :mad:

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Mine broke driving home from picking it up from the dealership. Only broke the Rocker. Valve remained closed after rocker broke. Now I've heard because the dealer didn't wait for the replacement part number this car might need rockers replacing :mad:

Hmmmm, dealers were supposed to be holding all LS3 stock until the rocker arms had been replaced!?!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hmmmm, dealers were supposed to be holding all LS3 stock until the rocker arms had been replaced!?!
This was before they decided to rectify the problem. Mine was one of the first ones that had the failure. Mine was probably the one driving home from the dealership!

F03H4MM3R

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF II SSV Redline sedan
My first car failed at 700 KM's as I was driving, very slowly out of my driveway. Happened at the end of October before they knew there was an issue. Holden gave me a brand new replacement.

When the recall notice came out I parked it up in the garage until they had the parts in to replace, and drove it from garage to the dealership to have the work done, which was two weeks ago.

Didn't want to tempt fate and have lightning strike twice!

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
My first car failed at 700 KM's as I was driving, very slowly out of my driveway. Happened at the end of October before they knew there was an issue. Holden gave me a brand new replacement.

When the recall notice came out I parked it up in the garage until they had the parts in to replace, and drove it from garage to the dealership to have the work done, which was two weeks ago.

Didn't want to tempt fate and have lightning strike twice!
Like you, mine is still parked in the garage. (Done 2500km) Haven't driven it now for about 4 weeks. Getting very frustrated that the dealer still has not got a date for me because of no parts

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Like you, mine is still parked in the garage. (Done 2500km) Haven't driven it now for about 4 weeks. Getting very frustrated that the dealer still has not got a date for me because of no parts
doing the dealer stock for sale cars first is ****, should look after people who have handed over there hard earned first

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
doing the dealer stock for sale cars first is ****, should look after people who have handed over there hard earned first
Yeah I agree, but they haven't been sold yet. They want their money first.

Ours have already been sold no more money to make there.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Make sure the date sold/first registered is 2018 in the service book for those still waiting. For those that have paid but yet to pick up I mean.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally some good news...My Dealer rang me today...car is booked in for next Friday:)