Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
My June build missed out but customer care told me it's not classed as a recall at this stage

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Some dealers would do or arrange the work, particularly those that are happy to sell new cars with aftermarket mods packages.

Personally I'd pay the extra for the roller rockers.

The ls3 rockers are roller rockers. Based on my vf2 being a September 2015 build I’m hoping I’ve got the older tried n proven parts.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
The ls3 rockers are roller rockers. Based on my vf2 being a September 2015 build I’m hoping I’ve got the older tried n proven parts.

i dont think the stock rockers are full roller rockers, there's no roller on the tip like true roller rockers from ,yella terra , crane ect
the roller on the tip reduces valve stem and valve guide wear as it does not put side ways pressure on the valve stem as the stock rockers do
i would like to get yella terra rolla rockers with different ratio to give more lift.
only thing that worries me is the extra weight on the valve train may affect performance
i think the stock rocker GM engineers designed is very lite to match rest of the valve train lite valves ect

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart

Not to mention, if there was an issue you would have known about it already with an expensive engine rebuild the amount of times your car has been up and down drag strip, warming up the tyres, loading up the engine constantly with multiple runs a night, extreme heat cycles.

Just my opinion, I don't know much tbh.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
The 'letters' are supposed to go out today.(11th Dec.)

I'll be checking the letter box tonight to see.

My June build missed out but customer care told me it's not classed as a recall at this stage

According to the attached it looks like a recall to me. The only good thing here is the complimentary service. Make sure you don't miss out on it as the dealer may 'forget' to offer it to you?

i dont think the stock rockers are full roller rockers, there's no roller on the tip like true roller rockers from ,yella terra , crane ect
the roller on the tip reduces valve stem and valve guide wear as it does not put side ways pressure on the valve stem as the stock rockers do
i would like to get yella terra rolla rockers with different ratio to give more lift.
only thing that worries me is the extra weight on the valve train may affect performance
i think the stock rocker GM engineers designed is very lite to match rest of the valve train lite valves ect

I have spoken to a couple of performance houses and the weight of the aftermarket roller rockers does effect RPM potential of the engine and I have been told by all of them that the standard rocker is ok up to 700hp! Not sure about how much spring pressure it is good for. (We know the rocker arms that are breaking cant handle standard spring pressure!)

Coming from a drag racing background where I run Jesel rockers and 550lb of spring pressure on the seat (1100-1200lb open) and hollow titanium valves I understand light weight, but I wouldn't have thought it was a restriction at 7000 rpm. (I cross the line at 10,500rpm in the GXP!)

Attachments

• my17-vf-wn-v8-inlet-valve-rocker-arm-1.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 144

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
You have that much faith in Aus Post ?

lol no, my mum sent two postcards from QLD in September. one arrived and my daughter checks the mail daily waiting for hers to arrive, but two and a half months later it still hasn't arrived. :(

Interestingly I sent an express post parcel last Friday that was delivered on sunday to a customer and I received a parcel on Saturday for something I bought online.

so you never know!