Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My letter arrived yesterday and is slightly different to the one posted as it does not mention an actual dealer. The dealer I purchased my MSE is no longer a holden dealer from Jan 1.
To answer an earlier question, the two dealers that I am certain in Sydney that will no longer be Holden dealers are Suttons Homebush (where I bought my MSE) and will now be a Nissan dealer, Suttons Waitara (closing down). There is another dealer which I was not able to confirm before this post and subsequently have not directly listed them here. If I confirm them I will post these details later.
I found it interesting that the salesman who sold my MSE to me once told me that by mid June this year, customers looking for Holdens of any sort were averaging one or two on the weekend and rarely any during the week. He explained it to me like this that as the sales of Holdens dried up, the dealership had to look at another manufacturer or close the whole dealership down so they went to Nissan which I thought was an interesting choice.

DrewPeacock76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF II SSV Redline
Got my letter yesterday.
Rang dealer just now to book it in and was told that I need to wait for another letter to arrive advising that the dealership has the parts and then can book it in to be fixed

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
I still haven't received the letter, but spoke to my dealer yesterday and he is checking daily to see when the stock is going to be in. As soon as it arrives he has me and another guy in as priorities to be done first as he knows I am not driving mine until it is done. :(

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (16).jpg
    FullSizeRender (16).jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 204

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
absoutely devvo! anyone know how long the dealer will have the car? Is it going to stigmatize the model like the piston slapper VU VT early LS1's?

Also advice on best dealer in Perth to use? thanks guys

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Rockers are a couple of hours work tops. There's not much in them.

Stock is limited so if you don't have a) an emergency vehicle, b) a sold but yet to be delivered vehicle or c) a failure, some people are going to have to wait until Jan.

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
called the dealer and they were like..... "oh yeah, we'll text you when parts arrive. keep driving it. if it blows we will tow it. if it hasn't failed yet then it probably won't. "
seems odd they will recall thousands of engines that are unlikely to fail

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Hi all, this is my first post. Recently bought my first V8, and new to Commodores. Previously had several enthusiast cars.

Why is this not considered a recall? If it’s serious enough not to deliver new cars until fixed then surely it’s a safety related issue that requires a recall? What if one of my rockers explodes and foul all the others in the bank causing a cut out in traffic?

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
absoutely devvo! anyone know how long the dealer will have the car? Is it going to stigmatize the model like the piston slapper VU VT early LS1's?

Also advice on best dealer in Perth to use? thanks guys
I doubt it, the LS3 has been used for 2 years in VF2 guise this is only a 3 month or so bracket. It's a fix of, not necessarily a failure on all engines