Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

Joe308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Senator VY SS VF Motorsport
Hey everybody

i picked up my motorsport a month ago and done close to 2000km in it already but haven’t had any issues so far knock on wood. it’s a september build so seeing this gets me thinking a little now.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes in Australia. They fracture at the end which touches the valve and snaps off. Some take the valve out too.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a heat treatment problem, like they haven't been annealed properly.
Think I'd rather have a snapped rocker than a failed bearing letting all those needle rollers loose through the engine.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hmm

Ah well, my Director that was built late July/very early August is probably going to get new rockers.

I wonder if the courtesy tilt tray will bring the car to the closest Holden dealership to get the fix done or will bring it to my preferred dealership?

Would love to see the engine number range that were effected to keep as a record.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I spoke to customer care about by mid August director, said it could potentially be an issue, and I should have a dealer inspect it lol

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
There is a service bulletin for LS3 inlet valve rocker arms affecting MY17 commodores. I have been told that the VIN list is very long and the service bulletin indicates that the outlook for parts is December 18. As the VIN list is very extensive and not in any order my sept 2017 build MSE was not able to be found easily.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
As the VIN list is very extensive and not in any order my sept 2017 build MSE was not able to be found easily.

Is it chiseled into a stone tablet or something ? Surely its electronic and searchable....

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
well i guess this problem gives a `new meaning for holden going out with a bang for some unfortunate holden owners :eek:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Or a loud sounding ticking sound
;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport Edition
G'day Fellas,

New Owner. Bought my car last week but haven't taken delivery of it yet. Dealership said my car is subject to a recall and won't release it to me. I don't have any more details than that. Anyone received a letter has taken their car in yet?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
G'day Fellas,

New Owner. Bought my car last week but haven't taken delivery of it yet. Dealership said my car is subject to a recall and won't release it to me. I don't have any more details than that. Anyone received a letter has taken their car in yet?
The 'letters' are supposed to go out today.(11th Dec.)